Slideshow Widget

Shayna's first week

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Everyone has been telling me that if I make it to Sunday than I will make it my whole mission... and guess what! I MADE IT.  

Ah there is too much to tell you and NO time.  
I will do my best:
So I am in a trio.. Sister Price is very nice and she is fun.  Then I have Sister Baker.. she is Chinese, from France, but she's American?    I really do love both of them and we have a lot of fun together.   
The language classes... oh man.  I understood everything the first day! It was great.  I talked to my teachers about how dad served in Taiwan and what his Chinese name was.  They were impressed with what I knew and it was good not to feel like I was drowning the first day. Because they only spoke Chinese to us and have ever since.  I've only heard my teachers speak English once.  Since the first day though, I have learned so much.  Its hard.  CHINESE IS HARD. haha.  I just needed everyone to know that.
I had my first lesson with an investigator on friday!! TWO DAYS IN.  He spoke so fast.  My comps and I planned a lesson about Who Jesus Christ and God were and we thought we would introduce the atonement.  So we made the lesson plan and we went in to teach, Sister Baker completely froze.. Like she didn't say anything.  and Sister Price's pronunciation is really rough of the investigater kept asking what she was saying and that he didn't understand her.. so I had to take the reigns.  It was hard because He asked things like how do we repent and he said he didn't understand the atonement... I could tell someone that no problem in english buy in chinese? no.  I struggled through and then he kept asking me something and I didn't know so I just said " I don't know all things but I know God loves his children" bore my testimony and then prayed.   haha. 
I was super frusterated because I couldn't speak and I was on my own but then I realized that the gift of tongues isn't always speaking.  Its understanding as well.. and it was amazing that I understood what I did after three days of Chinese.  
So  I had to teach the next day to him and it was amazing!! At first I didn't know what he was saying and I started to panic.. but I prayed " Father please help me" and instantly, I started to understand.  and words just started to flow out of my mouth.  I taught him about the book of mormon and how it is another testament of Jesus Christ.  I told him about the spirit and how we can know for ourselves.  And then I expressed God's love for him.  The spirit was so strong,  The lord really does help his missionaries.  I was humbled of my own strength but grew my trust in Gods.  That is something I have learned here,.  Thus isn't my mission.  It is the Lords.  And as I think that way, I receive help and comfort.
  Our sacrament in in Chinese.. Like everything. and we don't know if we are speaking until they say our name in sacrament.  So we have to prepare a talk every week.  but hey... guess who had to say the closing prayer in chinese.. ME.  Mom, don't ever get nervous about saying a prayer again because I can GUARANTEE this was wayyy worse.  There are elders and sister in there that are way ahead of me.  Like six months in.  and they did everything.  Everyone was so surprised when they called my name because I guess they never do that.  But again, the Lord helped me.  I can't even explain it.  If I trust in my fathers ability instead of my own, I can do so much.  

I am running out of time... I will write you all.  Thank you sooo much for the letters and cards in my box.  I love you all so much.  This is hard, don't get me wronge, I have to constantly remind my self why I am here.  But over and over again, I am comforted.  I boast not of my own strength but of my Gods. 

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH
write me, email me, send me dear elders.
All my love, Geng Jei Mei.






Post a Comment