Slideshow Widget

Week 3

Monday, July 28, 2014


Da Jia Hao!
Love you all so much...
Hawaii looks amazing and beautiful as always.   Looks like you had a lot of adventure! :) Thank you so much for the Dear Elders, I loved hearing how much fun you were having!
Baba, wo de pinyin he ni de pinyin bu yiang. hah,   I love getting the Dear Elders with pinyin dad, but we definitely spell things differently (you need to add in a translation next time) I'm still not that great with my Chinese.  
Poor grandpa!! I can't believe that happened!...actually I can.. haha our family is accident prone.   never a dull moment. :) It was weird seeing pictures of the boys and grandma and grandpa at the MTC! I can't believe I didn't see them!  They actually took a picture right outsiude my classroom.. what are the odds.  Sounds like they had so much fun though.  I can't wait to hear more!! Thank you so much for the Packages!! (both yours, dad and grandpa and grandma and the boys)  I needed a lot of encouragement this week and that definitely did the trick! I am going to get fat from all the goodies you send me but no shame.  I will just be happy and fat:) 
This week has been a roller coaster of emotions.  I really have experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows..
The next day all the new Sisters and Elders came and I spent all day with them and the Zone Leaders, I LOVED IT.  We spent the whole evening with them showing them around, getting to know them, and teaching them about the MTC.  Their spirits are so strong... it was incredible.  On thursday they met the Branch Presidency and the Zone Leaders,  I got to go.  It was a testimony meeting and everyone shared why they chose to come on a mission.  I honestly have felt the spirit so strong being here, but never ever ever like that.  As I sat there, tears just flowed from my eyes because I was looking at the army of Helamen.  I was given this calling to learn from them...
Also we have a sister named Sister Moore... and she is deaf.  She has hearing aids but she does talk like someone who is deaf.  Her testimony was so strong and her dedication to Heavenly Father is so powerful.  Not only is she serving a mission but she is learning Chinese!! I had the opportunity to interview each sister and hers was especially special.  As she expressed her worries about the tones and the different sounds (that she cannot hear) she bore her testimony of God and his love for his children and how she knows we can do all things through him.  I felt so honored to be in the presence of such an amazing disciple of Christ. 

It has been really cool to be able to talk with and lift others this past week.  I have had words and thoughts come to my head that I know were not me.  I can feel the power given to missionaries...  I am so blessed to be a representative of him.

The Zone leaders are my best friends, literally.  I have such a great time with them and they help me sooo much.  They have been out for 6 weeks and are just absolutely stellar.  They are always looking out for me, I feel like I have two older brothers :)  They gave me a blessing this week and it was an incredible experience.  I know the priesthood is a real power given from God.  And worthy priesthood holders can work miracles through that power.

I am so proud to have so many priesthood holders in my home and so blessed to have always had a father willing and worthy to serve me.  I love you all so much.

This week, I taught me first REAL investigator from Taiwan! We didn't know we were doing it until like ten minutes before and so we didn't have anything planned.  It was supposed to be a member volunteer but they found a real investigator for us.  I felt so prompted to share Alma's conversion story in Alma 36... And eventhough I didn't know the words or how I would explain it, I just went with it.  The spirit was so strong.  I asked him if he would read and study about the atonement of Jesus Christ and then promised him he would find comfort and love through knowing we have a savior.  He just looked at me and said "I will study" and then thanked me as I left.  He was only 16 and wasn't super interested when we first went in but as time went on, he became very serious and I really think he felt the spirit.  This isn't our work.  This is the Lords work.  And I am reminded of that every day here.  
Last night we watched a devotional "Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar, READ IT.  it has offically changed my whole mission.  I am not even going to try to explain it.  Go read it and then tell me what you think.. :) hah, spoken like a true missionary huh.  
I am not going to be self centered anymore.  I am going to turn out in love and compassion when the natural man inside me would want to turn in.  That is my goal and since I've tried to do that today, I am so much happier!!  That really is the reason I am here.  To learn the character of Christ.  It is beautiful.

Sorry I am so terrible at explaining things:/  It makes me so frusturated because I could never explain all I learn or all I feel or how much I have been blessed.  But this is what I do know and can express.. God lives, I have felt his presence more in my life now than ever before.  and Through Christ we can be made whole just as was taught to Enos.  I am full of so many faults and I am reminded of them every day but I know that just as it says in Ether 12:27, as we humble ourselfs, we become strong through Christ. 
President Teng (my branch president) said that we should ask our families to pray that we may have the gift of tongues.. I know that the Lord is helping me but I could use all the help I can get. Do you mind? I know that is a weird thing to ask.. 
I struggle a lot, but I am lifted up a lot.  It is hard to explain.  
Isaiah 52-55 (I think its those chapters... so good. found them in the temple this morning)


LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!  I sent a bunch of people letters this week since I didn't have time to email them this week.
Tell Jake, Logan and Jaxon I love them more than anything in the universe and talk about them to everyone I meet.
Keep smiling and standing for what you  believe in.  you all are blessing lives.

Geng Jei Mei

 The sisters that I am going to miss the most,  They really are incredible!!  I cant wait to be out there with them in six weeks!   





1. The new sisters that came this week!




2. All the sisters in my zone but they are like all leaving tomorrow:( I am going to miss them all so much.

Post a Comment