I just want to start out by saying how incredibly blessed I am. I cry everytime I read your emails.. everyone probably thinks I am a huge baby here but really I only cry because I feel so overwhelmed with love and I am so proud of every member of my family. You all make me soo proud... and I am the one on a mission! haha.
The time is flying by like crazy...I GOT MY FLIGHT PLANS. CRAZY. I leave on September 5th at like 11:30 or something. expect a call!!! We fly from here to Tokyo and then to Taiwan. I was so incredibly overwhelmed when I saw our papers... I cried, screamed, danced around a little bit and then cried again.. haha. Taiwan seems so intense. I am really really nervous to be out there but I am so excited to teach people the gospel. This is what a mission is all about. Trusting completely in the Lord and his skills, not your own. No one could do this without the Lord... like lets be real, 9 weeks of language training and then you go out and teach people...? no way. This isn't my mission, this is the Lords. I just have the tremendous honor of being his hands.
This week has been a whole lot of up and down. Every sister in my zone was sick this week at one time or another. My companion was super sick all week with everything you could possibly think of. So I stayed with her in the residence for a lot of the week. This contributed to my panicking about the language but it was such a blessing. I had so many awesome expeiences while studying and with other sisters. I was usually the one who stayed behind and so I was with two-three sick sisters at a time. They all needed some cheering up and so I had some great oppotunities to bear testimony and share scriptures with sisters who were really struggling. And in the process the Lord lifted me up. it was a blessing to serve this week and feel the love the Lord has for his daughters. And now that I am the one who is sick:), I have like 10 sisters willing to sit with me while I sleep. haha.
Elder Qui came into the MTC this week and he was in my zone until he was fast tracked!! sad day.. we didn't even get a picture! I was really hoping we would get one and send it to bishop Lingard, I thought for sure he would like that:)
Also my roommate Gabi came this week too and she lives two doors down from me!! Cool huh? we have laughed and caught up a lot. it is so fun to have her around!!
Like I said, I've spent a lot of time with the sisters this week in the residence and now I am sick so I haven't been out a lot. BUT I have seen and felt so many tender and beautiful miracles this week. A lot of which I cannot explain. I just know that God loves me. So much more than I can ever explain. When I am scared or feeling down he is right there. he never leaves! Its incredible.
We had a district review on tuesday night and it was amazing. We talked at first about the devotional we just watched but then we just started talking about our fears and the miracles we have seen here at the MTC. One elder named Elder Mccneil (he actually went to Brophy) said some things that I have read over and over this week. He is kind of a jokster and he likes to have fun but he is super smart. Needless to say he is never super serious. but on tuesday he very passionately bore testimony that helped me more than he will every know. He said "You need to be here. you HAVE to be here. comfort doesn't matter at all because there are people that need you." I know that I've heared that in one form or another but really that hit me because I have worried a lot these past few weeks. I have hit rock bottom and wondering what the heck I am doing here. I also have wondered if I will ever speak chinese.. but I know I will. This is going to be so ridiculauosly uncomfortable. I am going to struggle and be homesick. I am going to be in some hard spots. BUT it doesnt matter!! I am doing the Lords work and isn't that something to smile about. I am put in these situations so that I can see the Lords hand and be brought to him. I know that is true. I know it. My relationship with him is growing so much and my heart couldn't be more full. I will press on. and I will smile. and when someone asks me how my day is going, I say "Im a missionary! my day is going great!" haha. They then hear my cough and don't believe me:) but I am just so grateful.
I am so sorry if this email makes no sense at all...
I just don't have a ton to report on because so much of this week happened within myself.
We can do all things if we just align our will with Gods.
I read D&C 127:2 this past week and I would encourage you to read it. It's Joseph Smith talking about his trials. I can't imagine going through what Joseph Smith went through... my problems are mini compared to his. But his optimism and faith is something that I completely admire.
He said "I feel, like Paul, to glory in tribulation"..When I read that I was like WHAT! How could you say that? But I know that it is through the Lord Jesus Christ that we can chishou daodi (endure to the end). Tougou yesu jidu women keyi you pingan he kauile. Tougou yesu jidu de shuzui women hui kefu souyoude shiqing.
I love the gospel so much. Whenever my mind doubts, my heart screams "yes". because I cannot deny the things that I have felt and seen. I am scared but I am ready to serve Gods children and share the simple testimony that I have.
JI OH!
Have the best week ever! especially you jaxon! Love you so much! eat some cake for me!
Press on! and So will I!
quote from the devotional last night "Its called enduring to the end. Not smooth sailing to the end". But through Jesus Christ we can find joy in the journey. keep working hard! send me letters!!! its my last week to get them before it takes forever!!
One of my roommates from Utah State. I am so happy to have her close by.
The sisters in my zone we got all new ones this week.
My cute Branch President's wife. She took an umbrella to the temple. HAHA. She is so cute. She let me stand under it.
The moment when my name tag has no English on it...SCARY, but so cool





Post a Comment