Slideshow Widget

Week 4 YAY one month down :)

Monday, August 4, 2014

Ni Hao!! 

I made it a MONTH.  crazy.  The days go by so slow but the weeks are so fast.  I can't explain it.  But I just want thank all of you.  My heart is so full.  every one's love and support makes this a whole lot easier.  I LOVE THE PACKAGES.!!  and everyone thought I was so cool to have glasses with mustaches attached,  haha.  Also, Ashley sent me a massive thing of cheese balls.. needless to say I fit 16 in my mouth at one time.  Hard to believe I know but I have a picture to prove it.  All the elders in my district think I am cool now.  We find the best ways to blow off steam when our brains are fried from Chinese.  


So many things happened this week that were incredible.  We had the real guy from the book The  Other Side of Heaven come speak to us about his experiences.  I couldn't tell you all the incredible things he said.. but he talked a lot about bearing testimony.  I am traveling thousands of miles away from home for 18 months to bear my special witness that God lives and the through his son Jesus Christ we can be made whole.  How awesome is that?  We also talked a lot about the line from the movie "Today, I can be the lords wind".  That struck home to me because sometimes I feel like I am just spinning my wheels here and that I can't do anything right.   But even with all of my inadequacies and all  my faults, I can be the Lords wind. 

Also, SUNDAYS ARE AMAZING HERE.  I have never felt the spirit so strong in a meeting as I do here.  So as you know, it was fast sunday yesterday and so the schedule was different here.  We had mission conference and so President and Sister Nally spoke and a few other couples.  I have never felt so exceited to be a missionary.  I feel like everyday I am here, the reality of my calling sinks in deeper and deeper.  I feel so much power through my Savior and having his name on my heart.  One of the speakers said something very familiar to me and made me smile so big.  "How do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time" I love you dad.  I was so happy I almost stood up and yelled "HEY! don't steal my dads quotes!" hah.  It was such an awesome reminder that I can do this and to try not to swallow the whole chinese elephant at once.  Thank you for all your advice and encouragment before I left and all you have given me since.  Both you and mom are my rock.  right next to the Savior.  
Also, I love Chinese.. its amazing how much I have fallen in love with it.  it is so discriptive and beautiful.. I think the spirit speaks better to me through Chinese than it does English now.  That is the Lords way of telling me I can do this, I think.  But anyways, in sacrament meeting as we sang the opening songs and then as I listened to the sacrament prayer, I was so overwhelmed with the spirit.  I couldn't keep the tears from flowing.  when the time was given to us to bear our testimonies, I stood up and walked right up to the pulpit before I even realized what I was doing.  And with the spirits guidance, I was able to bear my testimony with more power and assurance than I have ever felt before.  Although I was stumped with a few words, I was able to express the feelings of my heart and my heart was so full.  There is something very very special about being a missionary.  I can't explain it.  And you will never understand until you are set apart as one.  But I know that I was set apart through real priesthood authority to do this.  I know that this is the Lords work and he does not leave us alone.  I feel honored to be here.

Ok I know I have a lot stories but I had an awesome thing happen last night...
We watch movies on sunday night and last night we watched the Joseph Smith movie.  As I watched, I thought back to when I sat in the sacred grove and a couple months ago... And I was so frustrated because I didn't have some miraculous witness of what Joseph Smith said was true.  Remember that conversation we had? And how we talked about that the Lord has his way of witnessing things to us on his time when the time is right.  Well last night I received that witness.  I can testify that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God.  And that he did see Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.  And that through the power of God, he restored the Church of Jesus Christ.  I know it.  I can't explain how but I know it.  

I love you all so much.  I am so sorry my emails don't always make sense  but I wish you could know and see and experience everything I do.  
God is so good.  

Dad and mom, thank you so much for the dear elders and for the amazing packages.  I can't even begin to explain it.  I cry every time I read your words because they are so powerful,  I feel so blessed to be your child.  

But I know the Lord is helping me.  So when things got really hard this week, instead breaking down,  I went in the bathroom and laughed for like 10 minutes.  I am so glad heavenly father thinks I can do this... because I don't know sometimes.   Just pray for me.  I am trying to be the palm tree... by the way, I loved that analogy.  

GOOD LUCK BOYS ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! I love you all soooo much.  more than I ever have before.  I am sooo incrediblly proud of each of  you and you are going to rock your first day.  I read the movie quotes that you sent me, daily.  It helps me get through the rough patches.  
The zone leaders really are my best friends and have helped me so much.  Just thought I would let you know that I really do have friends:) ha.  and the new sisters love me... it makes me feel so good.  they always come into my room at night and give me a big hug and say goodnight.  I love it.  It helps so much to serve others.

I am so proud of Maria and Gage and their decision to move forward toward Baptism.   It gives me strength to keep going knowing how much the gospel blesses lives. 
I LOVE YOU ALLL SO MUCH.

good luck making sense of this. Write me and I'll write you!!
all my love! Wo ai nimen hen dou.  ni men hen bang! 
Ji oh!!!
Sister Griffin (Your favorite missionary)

My companions and a temporary companion





My happiness to have chips, diet coke and sweet glasses.:)



My zone leaders, Sister Price an I

16 Cheetos!   way to go Shayna   HaHa



Post a Comment