Alma 26:27... my life this week.
This has been by far the hardest week at the MTC, by far. It's like everything just came down at once. But I learned so much and came so much closer to my Father in Heaven. It is amazing to me the things he can help us through and the strength he can give us to carry our loads. I've learned that everything is in the Lords time table and that he has his hand in everything we do. Especially as missionaries. I have come to really know God.
So on last sunday, I knew it would be my last week as sister training leader (its only a three week calling) and so sunday night I prayed that I could give my all to my Zone this week and be able to help others with their problems. And boy did I get an answer to my prayers. I had three girls have to go to the doctor this week and one had to be rushed to the emergency room. And every night almost, I had a new sister in my room crying about something. At first, I was like shenme dongxi (what the heck) but then I realized how incredible of an opportunity it is to serve and forget about yourself. I have been able to sit in on some very powerful blessings this week and to turn to my Father in Heaven in prayer with so many sisters when I didn't know what to do to help them. It is truly a blessing to serve and I am so very grateful that I have had an opportunity to give my all this week.
Cool story:
I know I don't have the priesthood or anything but I have power in this calling. This week, a sister woke up one moring in serious pain. she couldn't move at all and definitely couldn't get out of bed. Her temperature was through the roof and her companion was panicking. So she got the rest of the sisters and they all began to panic.. it was chaos. hah. ( thank you for teaching me how to be calm in scary situations). She was crying, her comp was on the verge of tears, and the rest of the sisters were like "its her appendix" "we need to call 911" ect. ect. I had no idea what to do since she couldn't get to the doctor, and the Elders couldn't come in to give her a blessing, and everyone was freaking out. and they were all looking to me to figure something out.
I had a prompting, like a very distinct prompting, to pray. So I had all the sisters that were in the room kneel down around her bed and I offered a prayer. It was so powerful. The spirit was so strong. I took a deep breath and just listened before I opened my mouth... I said a prayer led by the spirit as I assume a priesthood holder would do if they were giving a blessing. I prayed she would be healed.
I've never had something like that happen and all the sisters in the room felt it too. As soon as I said amen, it was silent and the sister laying in bed got up.
When we got her to the doctor, she was rushed to the hospital and was with doctors for the next two days..
We are given power. As a woman, I know that even without the priesthood, we can be apart of miracles. I am given power through my Father in Heaven as a representative of him. Such an awesome experience. Sorry I can't explain it better. it was incredible.
I was very homesick this week. I don't know whats wrong with me because it hasn't hit me until this week. And I was frustrated with the language and other things that was going on. But as I prayed, I was given so much strength. Everyday I hit rock bottom and then through the Lord was lifted higher than I've ever been. Its too incredible to describe but this truly is his work. I have seen so many tender mercies this week.
We had an awesome meeting in our district on wednesday night. We have a new district leader Elder Roe, who is amazing. He had us think all week about why we are here, and what our purpose was. And on wednesday we had a very powerful testimony meeting as a district. I know why I am here. I am here because I love people and I have felt my fathers love for his children. I know that I have been set apart as his representative and I feel power in such a calling. It was powerful to hear everyones testimony and it truly fed my spirit.
I have had some cool opportunities with my teachers this week too. I have spent extra time studying and asking for their help because the time is flying by and I feel like I am not getting anywhere. But they both are incredible. I admire them so much. They both expressed their love for me and thanked me for my hard work and for my testimony. They also told me how I am way ahead of where they were when they left the MTC... I am not saying this to boast or anything at all. This was just a very special moment for me. Because they both pulled me aside seperately and said that. It helped lift my spirits so much. Also they see how my companionship struggles and they gave me advice and gave me some encouragement. I love my teachers!!! I have been so blessed.
Deanne sent me diet coke and apples... BEST PACKAGE. haha thats all I need. because I am getting fat from the food here. Ok.. not really but I feel like it. All I do is eat, study, and sleep. but anywho, I love her and it was the best.
I am so sorry this email is all over the place..
This week really was hard but It was also one of the best. Absolutely awful and absolutely amazing. Because I got to see the hand of the Lord.
I love the scriptures. Since I finished reading the BOM, I have read the Doctrine and covenants this week and it is amazing. All of it is about missionary work I feel like.
And everytime, I feel like I just cant go any further, I say a prayer, open my scriptures, and RIGHT THERE, EVERY TIME there is an answer.
I love being a missionary. There is nothing better I could be doing.
Also, we find ways to have fun during the week.. We hit our half way mark this week and to celebrate, all the sisters in my zone pulled all the junk out people had sent us and just ate... and ate... and ate... and boy do I regret every minute of it. haha but HEY! all the junk is gone! (almost)
If anyone wants to send me anything, have it be healthy things... please... because I won't be able to fit into my skirts by the time I hit Taiwan.. which is in THREE WEEKS AND THREE DAYS. crazy.
The Zone leaers leave tomorrow.. :( They really are my best friends.. we have grown so close. but I am so excited for their adventures to start in Taichung (if thats how you write it).
I think there is more to tell you but I can't remember.. I'll send you a letter if I think of it.
I am so glad the boys had good first days!! I cant wait to hear from them... hint hint.
Also, they are absolute studs. loved their pictures.
Dad, how was the race? You got a medal! I hope it was awesome... because you are awesome. :)
Mom, I love you so much and I love your glasses!! we are matching now:) at the MTC we have glasses tuesday. its great. Also, thank you for all the pictures and letters and everything. you and dad both are the most incredible people I've every met. I'm not just saying that. I am sooo blessed. I rave about you to everyone.
I am a dork as always. but people actually think I'm cool here when I quote nacho libre or stuff cheese balls in my mouth. I obviously don't care what people think of me. haha. but I've got to find ways to have fun.
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
did you get my letters this past week?
Your hair nets are hot..
a couple of my fave elders who are leaving this week!
A sister in my zone that I absolutely LOVE and a few of our awesome elders
our half way party!
There are a few Aggies in our zone so of course I had to put a ring on my nose and be big blue.. a sister snaped this beautiful picture of me. dont judge.




Post a Comment