Slideshow Widget

visa didn't come:(

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

NI HAO! Zenme yang?

I lovvve hearing from all of you.. seriously I am so happy to get your emails on Pdays.  I beg my companions all day to go email.
This week has been a rough one with being sick.. I spent a lot of time in bed trying to recover.  I went to class as much as I could but this is the worst cold I have ever had I think.  I went to the doctor on wednesday and he was like "wow, yeah I can see why you are suffering". haha. I just laughed.  Its awesome how much help I have felt through it all.  I kept praying I would receive some strength so I wouldn't fall behind and the Lord sure did give me strength.  I thought a lot this week about Elder Bednar's talk from conference about the load.  This load I am carrying is heavy.  The heaviest load I have ever carried with Chinese, being sick,  and being away from my best friends (you guys). But the strength that I am getting is the most help I have ever received.  I couldn't do this.  Every time I think "I can't do this" I am right.  BUT the Lord can, Through Jesus Christ.  2 Timothy 1:7.
The Elders have really stepped up this week to take care of me.  They make sure I get my mail, they switch off carrying my bags to and from class, one of the elders who picks up Chinese really fast has been helping me study when I actually can get to class. They all just give me words of encouragment and help me because they can see that I am not getting a lot of help and I am under a lot of stress.  I even received a couple blessings this week from some of them.  The priesthood is real power.  I feel safer knowing that I have Elders that are worthy and willing to give me a blessing whenever I need one.  Boys, make sure you are ALWAYS worthy and able to serve people with your priesthood because it means the world to those who cannot do it for themselves.  
Even with being sick, I had some awesome experiences though!
Tuesday we had a devotional (best part of the week). super inspirational.  It was by James B. Martino of the Seventy and I wish I could just send you the whole things but I'll just write a few things that stuck with me:
Ok so before the devotional I had a few minutes before it started and so I just opened by scriptures to the Pear of Great Price.  Which was weird because when I am going to read something I usually start in Alma or something.   Never Pearl of Great Price.  But anywho, I read the story of Enoch and it hit me so hard.  I would recommend reading it.  I feel as if I am in his spot.  I am slow of speech and I struggle.  I am not the best one for this job.  I would do a much better job in idaho... but the Lord sees something in me that he saw in Enoch.  And Enoch was made powerful.  
So I was just so full when the devotional started.  The choir sang and then Elder Martino stood up and guess what he started with? the story of Enoch.  
I almost fell out of my chair.  There are NO COINCIDENCES.  ever. ever ever.
I needed to hear that story.  Since I've been sick, I have already felt behind and worried especially with heading out so soon.  I have really doubted if the Lord sent me to the right place.  BUT I will be made strong in Christ if I am humble and work hard.  I am ready to do this!
He also talked a lot about goals. a couple qoutes that I thought you would all like:
""If it is to be, it is up to me" ---LOVE THAT. I've used it a lot in my companionship.
"Goals are a reflection of the desires of our heart and are acts of faith" -that one is actually in PMG. (I love Preach my Gospel)
and he very sternly said "you MUST seek excellence".  This talk helped me a lot.

Another one of our teachers left us this week.  and honestly, I loved him.  He was the most incredible person I had ever met.  His Chinese was like perfect but his teaching and his desire to help us was even better.  He made me work hard because I didn't want to let him down. hah. He was our first mudaoyou and so he has seen us from the beginnning and has always encouraged me and given me the help I needed.   But I never really thought he liked me because he always would give my companions compliments on our evaluations and he would never say anything about my teaching... It always bummed me out but made me work harder. 
But the day he left, he did one on one coaching with all of us.  I was the last one and I was kind of nervous because I didn't know what to expect. But he just asked if I had any questions or anything he could help me with and I kind of expressed my concerns.  He had us answer a bunch of questions on a sheet of paper before we went in and then he read it with us.  I expressed my concerns about the language and how I don't feel like I am doing very well...
He just looked at me for a minute and shook his head.  He opened to the scripture about Christ and how he was great in wisdom and stature.  He said that even though Christ was perfect, he still grew and progressed.  He said that just because I can learn doesn't mean I am terrible.  I really liked that.  He also shared that scripture you shared with me dad "how beautiful the feet". 

And the next thing I say, I don't want you to take wrong. I am not boasting or anything ok? I just wanted to share because it meant the world to me... He told me that I am the best missionary he's seen... and that its so hard for him to see me beat myself up and be frustrated when I am doing an awesome job.  Seriously that meant sooooo much to me.  I look up to him so much.  and I felt like I was falling behind.  I don't know if he was just saying that but I really hope not.  because that gave me so much strength to press on and to find some confidence in myself.
Also he gave a lesson the night before on spiritual strength and how we need to see our own strength.  During the whole lesson he kept looking at me and then at the end he asked me to share my thoughts...
In our one to one he told me that that lesson was directed at me because I have great spiritual strength and I need to rely on it.  It meant so much to hear that from him. I am so grateful.

I have a million more things that I wish I could tell you about.  Its just so much.  I love the MTC and I know I will miss it but I am SOOO EXCITED TO LEAVE. haha.  
So as you know, my visa didn't show up this week.. which is ok I guess.  It was funning because we found out while we were in in field orientation... the irony. 
by the way, in field orientation was awesome.  It was all in english!!! haha.  I finally got to teach people the gospel in english.  but you know what was weird? I got stumped in trying to explain principles in english!! so weird.  I may not be able to speak english when I get home.  It will be in awkward chinese grammar too.


Also yesterday I watched the Character of Christ again and I realighned my goals with God.  I am ready to take on the world! Well... at least Taiwan:)
FAVORITE SCRIPTURE from this week 1 Nephi 21:15-16  helped me more than you know this week.
You xinxin you banfa.
Wo ai nimen!!! 
Geng Jie Mei


Two Taiwanese sisters that saw us and asked if they could take a picture with us:)











The Temple was closed today so we had some extra time.  We pulled out all the junk food everyone sent us and the two districts that are leaving had an eating party.  It lasted a whole 15 minutes.  HA HA  We don't like to waste time here.  I love my zone.  I have had so much fun.

Post a Comment