Slideshow Widget

week 9 in the MTC and still here

Monday, September 8, 2014

still at the MTC... woo! haha 9 weeks here is really long.  I am ready to get out and serve.  But really its been so great.  I have had a lot of opportunities to learn and grow a ton this week that i wouldnt have had if i had left on friday.

I have a lot of things to say and I will try to get them all in.. FIRST I have my first Chinese mess up story.
Sooo in sacrament meeting yesterday everyone was sharing their testimonies and I was so impressed.  This new sister got up and did a great job.   It was simple and slow but I was so impressed with her courage. So I got up after her and thought "I really want to make her feel good! because I would have appreciated someone complimenting my chinese my first week..." so I went up there and said "Wow! Ni de zhong wen fei fei chang bu hao"... WHAT.  I got up there and said "Wow, your chinese is really really bad!"  The whole congregation busted up laughing.  i have never heard a sacrament meeting so loud... I grabbed the microphone and just repeated hao hao!! Its FEI CHANG HAO! I felt soooo bad.  She looked like she was going to cry and everyone was laughing.  My branch president who is chinese thought it was the funniest thing that has ever happened.  I wanted to die.  I have never been so embarrassed.  thank heavens I am not in Taiwan yet.  haha.  The rest of the day everyone in my zone kept saying "sister Griffin, ni de zhong wen fei fei chang bu hao".. and I just said "yes. yes I know" haha.  Oh well!! Thats a story I'll never forget! The worst part is I went up to that sister after the meeting and gave her a big hug and apologized and she still looked like she was going to cry.  I am just so used to saying my chinese is bad that it just came out.  AH.

I LOVE your recording... you all are so awesome and I am so proud of all of you.  Nothing makes me more happy than hearing that recording.  NICE JOB LOGAN!! that is one lucky girl... I hope you had the best birthday ever!!! I can't believe you are 16 years old.  I remember when I turned 16.. it was literally yesterday.  I love the jeep!!! Take care of it for me ok?
I am so happy for Gage and Maria.  I think about them every day and pray for them everyday.  they are making the best decision.  this is one that will affect their life here and for eternity.  Little do they know that they are blessing so many lives to come by entering into the waters of baptism.  I know this is the true church.  I know it with all my heart.  I have never been more sure of anything.  I needed this mission and the experiences I am having because it has brought me so much closer to God.  And as I get closer to him, his perfect plan becomes more and more clear.  I am so grateful for every minute of every day here. 

I have two taiwanese best friends. haha.  but seriously.  They are learning english and I am learning chinese so when we talk i say things to them in chinese and they answer back in english.  They ask me how to say things in english and i ask them how to say things in chinese.  They are so incredibly sweet.  yestertday I watched a movie with them in mandarin and it was SO COOL! I understood sooo much. its amazing how much I have learned here.  The gift of tongues is so real.  but anyways, after the movie one of the sisters looked at me and said "I dont know how to say it... the holy ghost told my brain to tell you to look up moroni 7 san shi san" SO CUTE. and when I looked it up, it was exactly what i needed.  The spirit is so cool and I am so grateful for the friendships I am making here.  Also, Turns out that sister has only been a member for a YEAR! AND my teacher is her gospel missionary... isnt that amazing? It hit me so hard this week that this truly is the most important work on the planet.  I am going to change peoples eternal lives... actually wrong.  Heavenly Father is going to change peoples eternal lives through me.  And those people will be eternally grateful just like this sister is.  She cried when she found out he was my teacher.  And because he baptized her, she is going on a mission and she will bless lives and.. it just goes on and on.  What an honor it is to be a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I am not worthy of such a calling but I will do my best. 

I went to the doc again this week... turns out my cold was a lot worse than he first thought and so he put me on an antibiotic.  HELPED SO MUCH.   I am feeling much better today! I still feel crummy but not as crummy.  haha. 
I have learned so much from being sick... It has taught me so much patience and how to trust the lords plan.  Also it made me so incredibly grateful for study time.  I never waste a second of study time now because I now how it feels to miss it.

AWESOME mission conference yesterday. It was all about courage and faith.  I have learned so much about both of those this week.  I have feared a lot actually.. I have doubted the plan for me a bit and doubted the lords power.  When I found out I was going somewhere in the US first, I felt so uneasy... chinese is stinking hard.  And I have studied so much and mentally prepared to go give my all to the Taiwanese people so when I found out there is a chance I could go english speaking and they have no idea when I'd actually be leaving the MTC, I panicked.  Mostly because I am ready to get out of the MTC. but Heavenly Father answered so many of my questions this week through other people.  I need to remember courage.  President Nally talked about of Christ and the storm.  The apostles had such little faith that Christ would take care of them.  I would say I have pretty good faith in Jesus Christ.  I know without a doubt that his atonemet is real and that He can help me through anything.  But that was the problem.  I knew he CAN help me but I had little faith that he was GOING to help me.  Sometimes I think it is easy to think you have to do life on your own.  To believe IN Christ but not believe Christ.  I am so grateful for my savior.  I have started the Book Of Mormon over again in a fresh new copy.  And the only thing I am highlighting are attributes of Christ or moments that show his character.  It is absolutely beautiful.  I would encourage you to pay attention to the true character of Christ as you study.  His grace, mercy, and perfect love are things we need daily.  As we come to know him, he truly does become the rock of our salvation, The light of the world, and the Savior of all mankind.
I love you all so much and I hope you know how proud I am of all of you. Thank you for all the encouragment and for being patient with my lack of letters.  I wish I could write you everyday but I am trying so hard to be strictly obedient.
 I love you all so much!

You Xinxin You Banfa. <<<< the motto for my mish.

Keep it up!! You all are doing incredible things!! The temple trips, fam scripture study, the love you show for each other... I love it.  I wish I could just open my heart and let you all see inside because a mission is full of things you cant express in words.  
I feel all your prayers and love!!! I hope you can feel mine too.  I pray for you everytime I pray (which is a million times a day) Think of you lots!
Also I have the most attractive family out there.  I am positive.
:)
Geng Jie Mei! 

ps so sorry this is such a mess... Good luck editing it!
Also I will email you when/if im leaving this week!!!




Post a Comment