I don't have much time and all I can say is I LOVE IT HERE.
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.
I am positive that I have known I was going to serve here for a long, long time. Because the moment I walked off the airplane I was in love. There is something inside me that just feels right about all of this. Don't get me wrong, I am nervous like all the time. haha. Whenever someone approaches me my heart starts to beat really fast and my hands get sweaty... actually, I am sweaty all the time. hah. its way humid here. But anywho, I love the people!! Chinese people are so friendly and are so willing to help you with your Chinese. From the time I got off the airplane I decided I was going to talk to everyone. Some people didn't quite understand what I was saying at times but hey! I tried! hah. At church yesterday I went around and introduced myself to everyone. We are in the ward across the street from the Mission office. We are staying in the second floor/ From my bed, I see the temple perfectly!! I LOVE IT.
President and Sister Day are nothing like what I thought they would be like. They are from tennessee and just funny people. President Day is super soft spoken but really really awesome. When he speaks you can just feel the spirit. I have spent a TON of time on the fourth floor dad:)
At church they asked us not to share our testimonies so we just got to watch and listen... people speak soooooo fast. I caught what they were saying (kind of).
We then were given different pamphlets and two books of mormon and they sent us to this beautiful park. They had us go on a "Finding scavenger hunt" to talk to 11 different types of people. My companion was nervous and didnt say a whole lot but I just jumped in with two feet. I talked to EVERYONE and loved every second. I gave out one book of mormon (almost two. This little old man said he wouldnt take it because he didnt have any money on him. I didn't know how to say it was free... haha).
Every people I talked to (except two) had never heaqrd of the church and several didn't know who Jesus Christ was. That was crazy to me. After serving in utah where everyone thinks they know everything about the gospel it was crazy to hear that.
But being there something incredible happened.... I got to be the first person to introduce them to their savior and tell them about a god who loves them more than they will ever understand! I got to tell them about a perfect plan that he has from them and that he has provided a way for them to talk to Him.
I felt the spirit so strong as I testified of those things to them. I feel honoired to serve here. To be 100's of people's first exposer to their Father in Heaven. I don't know how I got so lucky.
This morning we met at 6:30 am on Jin Hua street and President Day lead us on a run to the Shin Kai sheck (dad please fix that for me) memorial. Holy cow... that all I can say. Running aorund the city was so awesome!! (mostly because I love running and seeing the city). This memorial is HUGE and just completely incredible. I wish I could have brought you along to see what i saw. It is like a palace and the gates are ginormous. Its beautiful.
I will tell you more soon!!
I have to go!!
I love you soooo much!
Sister griffin




Post a Comment