Honestly when I get to the computer, I don't know what to write because so much happens and it is all a blur. This week has been a busy, crazy, exciting, terrifying, weird, fun week.. hah. I have learned so much, cried a lot, and said so so so many prayers. And so many miracles have happened. One for example:
One day this week before we were leaving the house I felt very strongly I needed to bring something in English. So I had Sister Smith wait while I rummaged through the whole house trying to find something in English. I found one restoration pamphlet and we ran out to our appointments. Later that day we were in an area tracting and NO ONE would listen. Everyone was so so rude. Sister Smith and I were both a little discouraged and were about to get on our bikes when a man started walking across the cross walk. He was Hispanic (which is sooo sooo rare. You never see anything but Asians in Taiwan). We walked up to him and started to talking to him (in English) and he had so many questions about our religion. He ate up our message!! we pretty much taught him the first lesson right there and he was so engaged. His eyes were teary as he said that he believed God helped him find us. It was so cool. And right then I remembered the one English restoration pamphlet I had in my bag... Heavenly Father really did help that man find us and he helped me be prepared to help him with that restoration pamphlet. It was awesome to talk away from that knowing that God had his hand in every piece of what just happened. It is times like that, that make being a missionary incredible. This week has been way hard. Sister Smith and I have been giving it everything we have got. I am studying all day long trying to learn how to communicate with people and we are constantly trying to share the gospel. We take the "talk to everyone" very seriously. hah. So many people are confused when this huge, blue eyed girl comes riding up next to them on a bike in a skirt and she says "Ni hao!" ha. Some people about fall off their motorcycles. I am learning very slowly in the big scheme of things and I get frustrated all the time but really, every day I learn so much. People for the most part are super helpful and kind to us. We always are lost. haha
But you still find people who will completely ignore you.. its so fun to mess with them. I just talk to them like they are answering back. I tell them all about how I am a missionary and I am here from America for a year and a half to teach about a Savior of the world. And then I tell them that God loves them so much and usually, gets their attention. Either that or they will be really rude and just look at me and say "Wo ting bu dong" ... rude. I know they can understand me. I just laugh haha.
But anywho... this week I ate a WHOLE SQUID. head, eyes, everything. I would have taken a picture but we were at a members home and I thought that would be rude... it took all the courage I could muster to eat it. haha. So weird.
Sister Smith and I have eaten a ton of weird things because she and I both can't kan de dong so we just randomly just pick things. She got sick this week from doing that.. we decided we need to start studying our characters a little more. ha.
We had training this week and it was AWESOME! Sister Smith and I have had a hard time keeping our chin up with opening this area because no one will really listen and we are doing everyhting we can. When we think we are getting soimewhere, something goes wrong. but hearing President Day speak lifted our spirits sooo much. He is a man of God and he loves his missionaries so much. He gave sister Smith so many words of encouragment and gave us blessings. He helped me have more confidence in myself... that has been really really hard here. I think it's my pride. Somedays I feel like I am in a wrestling match with the Hulk and he is beating the pride right out of me. It's hard. I am being humbled soo much. And even though somedays all I can do is go into the bathroom and cry and pray, I wouldn't change this for anything. I am becoming the woman God knows I can be. I am in the heat of the fire but I am being refined and learning so much. My scripture study helps me so much! I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES. We are so blessed. think about it.. we have the ancient records of men who spoke to God at our finger tips. It's incredible. Somedays I feel as if the stories were written just for Sister Griffin. I have learned a lot about faith and hope and Gods love for me and his children. My heart is so so full.
I love you all so much!! I love the decorations and the game pictures!! You all are such studs. I was an awkward child.. haha but thank you for sharing those pictures. I miss halloween and fall there at home! but I will get that for the rest of my life! This week we made halloween decorations for our English class and it was so fun. No one celebrates that here.
I am crying because I am so proud of all of you. How did I get so blessed?
LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH
Sister Griffin.
oh and ps. I have never looked more disgusting in my life and I have never been hit on more in my life. I had someone drive past me and blow me a kiss last night... haha WHAT. I am never leaving this place. five little 5 foot Asian guys calling you beautiful=Confidence boost... hahahahah




Post a Comment