Slideshow Widget

November 17th, 2014

Monday, November 17, 2014

HELLO EVERYONE!
> I feel like I just emailed you hah.  But hey! I love it! this week has been super awesome and a lot has happened... but mostly inside myself.  A lot of change has happened to Geng Jie Mei.
> But first a couple things that happened:
> On wednesday after English class we had a woman stay behind to meet with us! Her name is Erin (her english name) and she had been baptised a year or so ago.  We talked to her about coming back to church and thought we would share the first lesson with her but as we got talking so many things came up.  She takes care of her mom who is really sick and then she herself has some mental problems.  As I sat there so many feelings and experiences from college came flooding into my mind and I just felt soo much love for her.  More love than I have ever felt for anyone.  I know that was God allowing me to feel the love he has for her... It was incredible.  I just put my arm on her shoulder and looked into her eyes and told her of the love God has for her and bore my testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ.  My testimony is simple in Chinese.  But I have never said it like that before.  There was not any doubt at all in my mind that Erin had a father who loves her and that her savior would help her.  It is incredible to be able to be apart of Gods beautiful plan.  To get to be the mouth piece.  Elder Holland (I think) said that as we submit our will to his, our words become his words and our lessons become his lessons.  that is how it was.  I have a lot to work on but it was so sweet to get to be apart of that.
> We had a training this week in Taipei for trainers and trainies (me!hah) IT WAS SO GOOD AND SO FUN! I LOVE president Day and Sister Day!!! Everything we do is so spiritually rich and also so fun.  I learned so much! We did speed training with all the trainers.  Its where you are given a prompt and then a minute to do it. and then you move to the next trainer.  I have been working soooo hard on my Chinese.  I am constantly studying and having Sister Smith fix all of my tones.  In the training, all the trainers were so nice and awesome.  I got a lot of compliments on my Chinese.  By the timne I was done I just wanted to cry.. because I have felt so inadequte.. But As I have given my all to the Lord he is really helping me progess.  I mean don't get me wrong, my Chinese is still awful. hah BUT I can see Heavenly Father helping me and it is so cool! I have more hope that I will actually learn this crazy language.
> We had stake conference this week too and we had to ride our bikes for almost an hour to get there. BUT it was the most beautiful bike ride ever... it was a long a river with rice fields and CAMELS.  In the dark it was so beautiful and it reminded me of the nights on our deck or out on the lake/in the desert.  I love seeing all of Gods creations.
> We had two investigators come! We thought one of them was becoming a former because he hadn't answered his phone and wouldn't call us but on friday we got a call from him saying he was already in 2 nephi and he wants to come to church!! Sister Smith and I just sat there with our mouths open... hah.  The spirit truly works on people.  when he came to church he took notes and everything and when it was done he told us he felt so peaceful and that the whole meeting was "Hen Bang".  I pray more for these people than I have ever prayed for anyone before... I love our investigators so much and all I want for them is to come unto Christ.  Missions help you experience Gods love.  Its beautiful.
> Missions are so hard though.  Like literally so hard.  I cry so much... haha. I laugh because its kind of ridiculous.  I have like a daily two minutes in thge bathroom where I look in the mirror, shed a few tears, think "What is my life", and then... I just feel happy.  It's weird and I sound bipolar but its true!! Missions are a place where you can be eating weird things, have cockroaches, have it be pouring rain, not understand what anyone is saying, flash everyone, and STILL be completely happy.
> Sometimes I wonder why its so hard... because this is the lords work and he could take this all away.  He split the red sea for heavens sakes!! Couldn't he stop the wind for like two seconds? but then I remember Jeuss Christ.  Why would this be easy for me if it was never easy for him? he was the PERFECT missionary.. why would it be easy for an imperfect missionary like me? I get to learn for just a moment what he went through.. and As I do that, I come closer to him.
> Roman 5:1-3
> I love you all so much!! Wish I could share absolutely everything.. when I get home? ok:)
> LOVE YOU
> Stay strong.  I am so proud of all of you.  Keep looking to our heavenly father and Ouir savior.  OPEN YOUR MOUTH and share the gospel.
>
> Geng Jie Mei

Post a Comment