Slideshow Widget

October 5th, 2014

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

SO LOVE HEARING from you all.  All your emails make my heart swell up with love and gratitude.  I wish I could answer every question and respend to everything but do know that I LOVE all of it. 
This week has been insane and sooo many crazy/ awesome things have happened.  SO MANY MIRACLES. I will try to share them all with you:) i will give rough outlines and you can fill in the rest with your imaginations.  haha.
So this week i went on my first companion exchange with the temple sisters (the sister AP's)  Usually the older comp stays in our area and the younger leaves but this time (for some crazy reason) they decided to have me stay in Xinzhu and run the area for 24 hours.  And holy cow did I run the area.  The temple sister had me do everything.  I made the appointments, I made all the phone calls.  I led all the discussions and all the contacting.  and OF COURSE with my luck every single lesson fell through.  Like all of it. haha.  Like our video didnt work at one house and the other was supposed to be a member visit but the member had all of her non member family there.  I really had to rely on the spirit.  I was pleading with heavenly father on my bike everywhere we went and it was incredible.  The spirit really directed my thoughts and actions.  As I was still and quiet, I had promptings to do very different things than i had ever done before.  From that unexpected member visit, we got three new investigators!! But like Alma, I do not boast of my strength (Like at all) but of my God.  He helped me so much.  He and the temple sister (Sister Perkins) helped me see what I am really capable of.   But Sister Perkins helped me see how capable i really am.  And she really trusted me.  On the way back to Taipei she told me how she had never felt to do that with a trainy before but that so was so impressed of what I could do and how I kept my cool.  I wouldnt say I kept my cool... because inside I was freaking out... haha.  But It meant sooo much for her to say that to me.  I dont see that much in myself, so for someone like her to say that, really boosted my confidence and helped me truly see the promise that when we open our mouths they will be filled.
Couple miracles: Sister smith and I have been praying for a family to teach.  On halloween it was sister smiths birthday and she prayed that we would find three knew investigators.  All day long we had absolutely no success.  Somedays I think chinese people are the nicest people ever and other times they are the rudest.  ha.  it was one of those rude days.  One old man followed us around and would yell at whoever would talk to us after we left.. so we came home really down and we sat down to plan and we got a phone call.  The elders called to tell us they found a family of three and they are in our area and they want to be baptised.... how crazy is that?!?! So incredible.  God hears our every prayer. 
Another miracle: President Day gave us a challenge for one nov baptism and two dec baptisms... that is huge for taiwan! But sister Smith and I decided that we are going to do it. On friday we had a whole day of finding and we prayed soo hard all week for that day.  Here are our numbers from friday: 6 other lessons, 3 new investigators, 3 books of mormon.  (I dont know if you know but for these people that is an INCREDIBLE DAY).  We also had a girl walk up to us on the street, asked about our religion and after praying with her accepted a baptism date!! ON THE STREET.  That was the Hand of God.  Also we met two girls from china, both didnt know who christ was. They were about to walk away and I felt so strong to pray with them.. So I asked them if we could and explained how we do it.  After one of the girls was crying... she had her hand on her chest and through her tears explained how she had never felt this way before...
I would not take anything over these experiences.  I would give up anything to have seen that.  She grabbed me and gave me a hug and we just cried together as I explained how much God loves her and that she can have this feeling everyday. 
I love being a missioary. 
Even though it is SO HARD.  I live in the windiest place in all of Taiwan.  this means two things, when I am riding up a hill, I am actually going backwards, and two, everyone in xinzhu has been flashed by sister griffin.  My skirts fly up like no bodies business.  help.  thats all I have to say.  haha.  I have those biker shorts but they are like two short.. I just laugh because I feel like marilyn Monroe.  Lucky me..
Yesterday we had zone meeting and we were talking about that invitations from president day.  Our zone leaders had us spread out through out the chapel and kneel and offer a prayer to help us have the faith to accomplish this goal.  The spirit was incredible.   With fifteen or so representatives of the lord, knelt down in the chapel, pleading with God... I had no doubt in my mind that God was listening.  I felt his presence there. and I felt the weight of my calling.
I have learned so much about faith this past week.. Really our faith is what helps us receive the blessings God is wanting to give us.
Today started at 4 am.. we took a bus to taipei to go to them temple... it was incredible.  It is the smallest temple ever but what an honor it was to be in its doors.  I couldnt hold the tears back.. I love the temple.  I long to be there.  I would give anything to be there everyday and feel of the rich spirit that is there.  We got to do inititory and an endowment.  The inititory was half in chinese an dhalf in english.  I have never felt the spirit stronger than when I heared that in chinese... I love these people so much. I cant explain it.  and today I got to be a hand in saving one chinese soul. 
In inititory, this sweet little old chinese woman just looked at me and we both started crying. she touched her heart and said "I feel Gods spirit so strong" and I just held her hand and said me too...
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME? I have the coolest family ever.  Seriously.  Football, halloween, boy girl parties...(WHAT), The salt river.. Oh how I love you. 
I think about you every single day and pray for you individually.  In the temple today I prayed for every single one of you very specifically.  I hope you can feel my love from the other side of the world.  I got your package!! And letters!!! you all are soooo sweet and I loved it all!!!  I needed all of that stuff.. how did you know? Especially the chocolate...hah.
I am working hard and God is helping me.  I am slowly but surely picking up the language and make relationships wioth sweet people in the ward.  we have a slight language barrier but I love them all so much.  They all take extra time to help me understand things and correct my tones:) hah.  This xinzhu ward is my family... they really take care of us.  they fed us twice this week!! We made our own potstickers one night and had a weird soup the other ( I dont ask, I just eat) ha. 
LOVE YOU!
Geng Jie MEi


Halloween and the Temple!! Sister Smiths Momma sent us these:) haha reminded me of Grandma's parties


Post a Comment