IRON GOT BAPTIZED. It really has been a White Christmas so far in Xinzhu.
Can you tell how happy I am? It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. There is no better feeling in the world than to see someone change and come unto Christ and then see them enter into the waters of Baptism. He is incredible. I wish you could see the light this man has and feel the love God has for him. He has such a desire to follow Christ. Before his baptism we met with him and Sister Smith came!!:) I was so happy to see her. So me and Sister Pieper, Sister Smith and her new trainy, the Elders and a sweet YSA from our ward all met together. we sang " I know that my redeemer lives" and the spirit was incredible. The room was so warm. After we sang he just looked at the words and I asked him what he was thinking... he looked up at me and said "I know that my redeemer lives". It was such a powerful moment. I feel so blessed to have been able to see that moment. We then read Mosiah 3 together and discussed our Savior and Sister Smith and I were both able to share our testimonies with him. It was a sweet moment that I will never ever forget. After we took pictures and he was so happy!! I got a picture of his happiness... I will send it to you. So many people came to support him. After he was baptized he came out in the wrinkly white shirt and white tie that he had never worn before and got up to bear his testimony. Sister Smith and I were smiling so big and had big tears in our eyes. He bore testimony about his Savior and the Atonement. The most beautiful, simple testimony I have ever heard and one that I got to see grow these past two months. I love my savior. I love that I get the opportunity to see Him change peoples lives and to be a small piece in his work. Our job isn't to change people or to bring them salvation. Our purpose is to HELP and INVITE. I was such a small piece in Iron's conversion. but I got the blessing of being his fuyin jie mei. If he is the only one I find on my mission...his soul is worth it.
Aside from that beautiful part of my week, this week has been pure craziness. hah. Since Sister Pieper is the sister training leader she has to go on exchanges all the time and so I am constantly with a different companion. Not just running my area and my investigators but also running her area and her investigators. My Chinese has grown a lot this week and so has been stress levels... haha. But it has been so awesome to be with so many different missionaries and learn so much from each one. We have incredible missionaries in our mission. President Day says that our mission is full of genius', perfectionists,and over acheivers and that pretty much covers everyone. I am here to tell you that is so true. haha. But oh my goodness I love my fellow missionaries here.
Also I love my companion Sister Pieper! She is very different from me. but its been good I learn so much from her. I have learned so much about forgetting yourself and going to work. This work includes missionary work, house work, and work with your companion. But the more we serve each other and try hard to laugh when things are stinking hard, the better everything is.
We laugh so much... probably too much over serious things. Like last night we were riding our bikes home from contacting and she rode past me right as a car was opening their door!! her bike hit the door, she flew over her handle bars right into the motorcycles on the side of the rode!! the people in the car jumped out and were like so worried she was dead. she was just laying on the ground laughing/crying. hahaha. The man came up to me and was like "your missionaries? wow I think thats great. Can I get your number? Where is your church? We'd love to come some time." haha I was like YEAH! after it was all over Sister Pieper asks "can we say a prayer?" hahaha. in PMG it say "Teach when you find, find when you teach"... we added "Teach when you get hit by cars"... haha.
Welcome to our Companionship. We have worked so hard to try and find investigators. Somedays its two pm and we realize we forgot to schedule in lunch time. we are really losing ourselves in the work. At night I just collapse on the floor, so grateful. I love missionary work. I am finally really buiulding beautiful relationships with people. Our members, LA's and investigators and I are all becoming awesome friends and i am getting to know them better because my chinese is really improving. It is still not super awesome or anything but it is getting there! Heavenly Father has blessed me so much since he has placed this on my shoulders. He qualifies those whom he calls. I know without a doubt that God is showing me my weaknesses to allow me to grow and come unto him. He is my rock. I know without a doubt that he is here in Xinzhu with all these beautiful people.
Everyone has treated us soooo well this week! We have had meals almost every opther day and so many poeple in my ward have given me christmas gifts. its so sweet. Especially because no one really celebrates christmas here. I am so grateful though for the beautiful moments I have had as I have been able to testify of Christ this week as Christmas comes up. Sometimes I am sad because it is almost over but then I realize I still get a year to talk about our Savior all day everyday:)
I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I carol to everyone who will listen... all the Buddhist love it:)
I CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO YOU!!! I love you all so much!!!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS ALMOST. Sheng dan jie kuai le
Geng Jie Mei
Sister Pieper had a baptism this week too! It has been a white Christmas this year:) So happy for this sweet lady.
Cutest little girl ever! Her name is Peixuan "Penny" There is nothing cuter than this little girl
The ward made us "American Food" for Christmas :)
He is so happy!
Sister Smith and I! One of my favorite pictures I think. Pure Happiness!






Post a Comment