I AM IN NEIHU!!
Yep I got transferred this past week... craziness. but I would like you all to know that I live in the ultimate asian town. Like all the paintings you see of Asia, thats where I live...just with a city right in the middle of it. we are surrounded by beautiful HUGE green mountains and we live next to a little lake. Every morning we run around the lake and up the mountain (I am getting in better shape again..hah). I am with Sister Wood who is the cutest thing that has ever hit the earth. we actually were in the MTC together. We are both super young missionaries. At transfer meeting when we saw we were together we jumped around and sqealed (like any girl would) and then after we were together for the day we looked at each other and said "oh no" hah. we can't read anything and our Chinese isn't the best but between the two of us and lots and lots of prayers we have survived the past week with flying colors. This is going to be an AWESOME transfer. I feel good good things for Neihu.
But obviously when I had to leave Xinzhu, my heart was broken. I love those people so much. I have made so many incredible relationships with them all these past three months and it was my home. On Wednesday night I we got a call from the zone leaders and we thought it was so weird (we were sure neither of us were moving because if they did, they would have to close one of our areas). the zone leader was like "Sister Griffin, pack up your stuff!" My first reaction was "WHAT" and then I cried. ha. Anyways the next day, the word traveled all through xinzhu that I was leaving and all the members were calling us and bringing us stuff. People were giving me things left and right and sending me their love. I was so gandong. I was so full of gratitude and love... The thing that touched me the most though was our investigator Huang Dixiong. He is SO AWESOME. I haven't said much about him because he is pretty much a member. He has been working with us since the first month I got there and he has just bloomed. I love him a whole bunch. His baptismal date in february 8th and he is making it without a doubt in my mind. Anyways, he found out I was leaving and he called me 8 times while I was in a lesson!! after I got out, he called me in a panic asking me where I was and if I could get to the church building. So we biked there as fast as we could and he was standing there with his sweet little girlfriend ( she is a member and pretty much my best friend in Xinzhu). they had skipped class and work to see me and they made me a laminated note with their picture on it for my scriptures. I have never felt so much love. I held it together while I was with them but after they left, I just cried and cried.
I thought all this time that I wasn't making a difference. I thought because my Chinese wasn't very good and I had a hard time communicating sometimes, I wasn't able to make an impact in xinzhu. but through heavenly fathers help, I did. I love those people with all of my heart. I LOVE THESE PEOPLE. I LOVE SERVING THIS MISSION. I have really never been so happy and grateful. I am afraid to leave because just leaving xinzhu about ripped my heart out. But I know that this is where I need to be right now.
Anyways, Sister Wood is the best. we are having so much fun and working so hard. Since we are the same age, I feel like I have more say. and we are working sooo hard. When we get home at night, we just collapse onto our desks. I've never slept so well:) ha. this area has no investigators right now so we get to start from the ground up! Greatest opportunity ever.
MIRACLES EVERYWHERE
We have seen more miracles than I can even begin to explain...
Sometimes no one will listen to us all day long but the last door will open up and we will get to share a message. God has his hand in our work and he will help us if we listen to him. I have honestly never prayed and studied so hard in my life.
This week we have been praying so hard for a family and have been working hard to find one. The other night we were knocking and we decided to pray again to ask for a family... so we prayed and literally the next door we knocked WAS A FAMILY! and they didn't say "bu yong!". They listened to us and then told us that elders five years ago were meeting with them but because the dad had work on sunday and couldn't come to church, they stopped meeting with them. We set up with them for sunday:) after they shut the door, Sister Wood and I went running down the street jumping for joy and then of course said a prayer of gratitude:) ha. I get so excited and happy here sometimes, if people saw me, they would probably think I am crazy.
But I really do know that this is God's work. I have said that millions of times but I really do. In lessons I am trusting Him so much more. I have realized its not me who teaches the lesson.. its him. Its the beautiful spirit. and he has had his hand in all our lessons. Neihu is bursting with the spirit.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! I have thought about you all so so much and am so grateful. everyone that sees our family picture still thinks Dad is a stud, Mom is a babe and that Logan is freakishly tall. Its great!
I am so glad to hear you all are doing so well! I am so proud of all of you and all you are doing. you ake me want to be a better person.
Today in the temple, It hit me how incredible my job is. I am a true messanger of God and I bring others light and truth. think about that. wow. I am not worthy of such a calling. but everyday I will consecrate myself, strive to be a little better, and give my ALL to the lord.
again, I LOVE YOU!!!
and Jake.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU! Sending all my love from the other side of the world:) I will talk to you more on monday about your birthday but I hope you know how much I love you and how proud I am of you. I heard about your award!! WOW!!!!!!!! you are making me, our family, and Heavenly Father so proud. Keep it going!
Mom and dad, you both are going to change lives on trek. they called you as ma and pa because you are the best ma and pa out there:) (I would know)
Logan you are HUGE.
Jax, I LOVE YOU! Keep on kicking football booty
ohhhhh!! and ps.. I past of 1/3 of the language study plan for our mission!! there are three phases and I past number one off:) Heavenly father is helping me so much... the gift of tongues is real... I am not anything great but with him, I am.
It says, JESUS LOVES YOU!
English class talent show. haha guess who is the biggest nerd in all of Taiwan. Everyone was playing instruments and singing and then I got up and put five different spoons on my nose and then danced with them on. hahahaha I am so COOL!
Our Relief Society President took us out to dinner on my last night.. Fanciest place everrrrr soooo good. I LOVE this woman. I hope to be just like her one day.
Penny and her momma... also love them with all of my heart.
My companion and I at the temple:)




Post a Comment