Slideshow Widget

January 5, 2015

Monday, January 5, 2015

WO DE JIA TING!!! I have been dying to email you this week.  I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! This week has been FULL of adventures and there is no way I could put them all in one email.  But I will try:) hah.
Thankyou so so much for the fun pictures and emails. I can't believe its 2015!! and on thursday will be my 6 month mark.. wow.  Eat some pie for me or something ok? I can't believe I've been here that long and I can't believe I've only been here that long. ha.  depends on the day.  2015 is off to a great start and I am so happy everytime I think about being here and truly changing all throughout the year.  During personal study this morning I was just so full of gratitude for this opportunity to serve and to grow and change and come closer to my Savior.  2015 will be the year I change the most.  Can't wait to see what it brings!
This week I got in my first year bike accident.  I feel for you dad. haha.  
So the whole situation was super interesting.  Sister Pieper had to go to a training meeting in Taipei and obviously I couldn't go since Im not a Sister Training Leader. sooo President Day worked it out for me to go to Taoyuan and babysit" two trainies for the day.  Not pressure right? So when I get there I am following behind them on my bike and one is peddling off so fast!! I was watching her get further and further away  and wondering what the heck I was supposed to do when all of a sudden, the sister in front of me completely stops and turns her bike sideways. I tried so hard to dodge her but there was literally no hope.  haha so in the street of Taoyuan two girls  on bikes completely collided.  She landed on me so she wasn't hurt but I hit the ground pretty hard. I've got some really pretty bruises and cuts but nothing too bad.  anyways, this man pulls over his motorcycle and helps us up and helps us get all our Book of Mormons and stuff out of the rode.  After he helped us I tried to give him a tract and he looked at me like I was crazy. oh well. hah. 
Anyways, that day was so fun!! It was weird to be da tong ban but it was fun.  It made me realize how much I can do here!! I have learned so much and so quickly. these trainies were so awesome too!! They tried so hard to make all the phone calls and lead the lessons and do everything.  It helped me remember how much we are capable of doing with Gods help.  We are his servants.  NO ONE should be able to speak Chinese and teach people about God after being in Taiwan for three weeks, but they do it! I was so impressed and had so much fun with them.  
After that, President and Sister Day picked me up with Sister Pieper and took me to Zhudong for another exchange.  (needless to say, I was so tired after all of this).  In Zhudong I was with a Taiwanese sister  and we had such a great time. I didn't speak english for 24 hours and by the end all the Chinese was giving me a headache. ha.  But it was so fun to learn from her and to see how she interacted with the taiwanese people.  Every missionary  here is so beautiful insie and out.  I feel so blessed I get to interact with so many different sisters and learn from each one of them.  
Anyways, new years? celebrated it the right way and  I went to bed at 10:30 :)

Yesterday was crazy!! So I had prayed all week to know what to fast for and yesterday I decided that what I needed help with most was success for my area.  I have had a hard time the past two weeks with people fanging us (standing us up) and us losing investigators.  But guess what? we had 9 investigators at church yesterday!! It was incredible.  A huge miracle.  I love church.  I was so tired by the end of it but I feel the spirit so strong and love to see people there for the first time.  They are always so confused why we eat bread and why everyone cries but they always feel something tebie:) (special) I love explaining that it is Gods love.  This gospel is all about LOVE.  and boy to I love to LOVE these people:) God made Taiwanese people very special. 
I got to really feel that love yesterday.  

We had a lesson with this lady who when I first met her just thought "shes crazy" (which is wrong to think about someone) but I did.  And when we met with her I was really worried about how it was going to go.  Sister Pieper had to leave me because she had MM meeting and so I had  this super sweet YSA with me.  Anyways, our investigator freaked out.  Like crying, screaming and talking sooo fast. I had no idea what was going on except I caught that she was hurt a lot in life and she didn't want anyone to tell her that they understand because her life is harder than anyones.  my heart was sooo heavy.  I had no idea what to do and neither did the member. I finally got her to calm down enough for me to sing "be still my soul" to her but after she just got upset again and wouldn't let us say anything.  I was praying soo soo hard to know what to do..  I had a strong feeling to stop talking.  I just stood up and walked over to her and gave her a hug.  She sobbed on my shoulder for probably a few minutes and over and over again just said " I need love.  I just need love"...  after she calmed down a little, I asked her if we could kneel and say a prayer and she could tell God her feelings.  She did and the spirit was so strong.  I got to promise her, as a representative of Jesus Christ that God loves her more than she will ever know and that I know the gospel of Jesus Christ will help her be made whole once again.  That is my calling.  Not to give out 100's of Books of Mormon or to have 40 lessons a week.  It is to love and help others use the atonement of our Savior.  Isn't that reason enough to be overflowing with joy?!
Don't get me wrong.. this is way hard.  I am tired in every way possible and most days I look like it. hah.  but I love it here.  
Next week I will know about my new companion!! our transfer day is the 16th.  (I cant wait to have a comp) ha.
All is weel in xinzhu!
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!

Wo ai ni men!!
Geng Jie Mei!!

Post a Comment