Slideshow Widget

February 15, 2015

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Thought I'd start with this picture... HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!  I got your cute package and have been loving all the pictures of Christ and the Valentine's day dongxi! Thank you sooo much!
To answer all your questions, our Valentine's day consisted of sharing Christs love with the Taiwanese... and taking these lovely pictures during lunch. ha.
I don't even know where to begin.  This week has been of more surprises, more miraces, and more... happiness!! In true to the faith it says that ture happiness comes when we lose ourselves in the llabor of other people happiness.  How true that is.  We have spent a lot of this week helping Sister Wood get better.  We went to the hospital and to the mission office several times.  She is doing sooo much better though the past couple days, Heavenly Father is really answering our prayers.  
With all of this going on, early this week I hit a wall.  I was just sad and tired and I wanted to call president day and say "I give up!" But as I turned to Heavenly Father and spent my time serving Sister Wood and trying to help, I received so much strength and peace.  And honestly, right now I feel so blessed and so happy.  
With all this going on though we saw several miracles (I say that every week... :)  but FOR REAL)
We are being directed to the prepared and Heavenly Father is directing the prepared to us.  With Chinese New Yea being this week everyone tells us they have no time to listen to us but even with this going on we have found people to teach! In english class we had three people ASK US if they could meet with us.  wow. that never happens here in Taiwan.
The biggest miracles were yesterday though..
Yesterday I fasted for two of our investigators.  Both of their baptismal dates are coming up and they both have some bumps in the road.  But as I fasted and studied for them, I felt so much peace.  Li Ming  is this funny 40 year old man with a Mullet who uses the biggest words ever and thinks WAYYY too much.  He reads the Book of Mormon everyday and loves it.  His prayers are so sincere and beautiful. and he comes to church every sunday. but he has had the hardest time "knowing".  He gets so frustrated because he thinks he doesn't feel the spirit and he doesn't have enough faith.  But when we met last week I was very bold with him and told him he needed to repent, completely follow Gods commandments, and pay more attention to the spirit.  I may have been too stern but he wasn't getting the point)... anyways, yesterday at church I was sitting next to him in gospel principles and the teacher asked what the spirit feels like.  To my surprise, he raised his hand!! He explained how he had this past week while reading the Book of Mormon felt the spirit testify to him that this was true.  I thought I needed to clean out my ears!! I did a double take and just smiled with my mouth wide open... so did the teacher. haha.  But after class I asked him about it and he said "Sister Griffin, I feel my faith growing." I just wanted to give that mullet haired man a huge hug!! I know Heavenly Father helps our investigators and that is because he wants them to know this is true WAYYY more than I do.  Also fasting has so much power.  That is exactly what I fasted for... I fasted that Li dixiongs faith would grow.  
I think that Heavenly Father just wants us to exercise our faith.  He can do whatever he wants! He just wants us as missionaries to build our faith and then recognize that it is by his hand that all these things come to pass.  
Li dixiong will be baptised on the 28th :)
This week we also had service!! The Taipei zones set up 2000 tables and chairs for this homeless shelter event.  It was awesome to have the opportunity to work a long side so many missionaries in a different way this week.  It was such a simple thing to set up tables but I do know that we were recognized as the saviors representatives as we took our day to do that.  We had so many people ask us so many questions! I was worried about not being out contacting and meeting with our investigators but relaly, the people we needed to love and teach were right there! I made friends with the cutest group of old ladies (they love me).  During lunch, they snuck me oranges and asked if they could take pictures of me (of me, not with me) haha.  I am going to miss not being treated like a celebrity I think... 
This week we also had a switch up to our companionship.  I am over two areas again.. surprise! ha.  A sister had to go home because of health issues and so her companion became our companion.  We are over shiling and neihu now! after doing this already, I am atually kind of excited.  I am excited to mix up our work and have even more people we get to love and teach.   I feel so grateful Heavenly Father has given me so many opportunities to rely on him and to grow as a missionary... None of my transfers have been normal yet but I wouldn't have it any other way. This mission is an opportunity to become like samuel who says "Speak for thy servant heareth."  
I have never seen my weaknesses and my faults so clearly as I have here on my mission but it is an opportnuity to be refined and rely on him.  I read a talk this week that I would recommend to everyone! I read it while President Day was meeting with Sister Wood.  It's "standing in the presence of god with confidence" (something like that).  He says when trials come "Force a smile, gaze heavenward and say ' I understand, Lord.  I know what this is, a time to prove myself, isnt it?' then partner with Him to endure well to the end."  So that is what I do every time that hard things happen.  I smile, look heavenward and remind myself that this is a time for me to prove myself.  
I know that harder things can happen on a mission and in life but for me, this all has been a test of my faith and my willingness to submit my WHOLE heart to my Father in Heaven and this work.  Sometimes I feel like the Isrealites and realize I have "other Gods" that are keeping me from giving everything but as I have HAD to rely on Heavenly Father these past 8 months I have felt so much love and realized how much power he really has.  
He is my rock and I feel his presence everyday!
I can't wait for you boys to experience this.  Missions are incredible.  It is the only  time that you will completely forget yourself and see so many miracles.  
I LOVE MY MISSION.  I get choked up thinking that a few times I almost decided not to go.  
Thank you for all your support and love! Your letters and emails and the cute packages remind me of your love and the support I've got on the other side of the world.  Love you everyday!!
ps.  I am being fed at members houses at least twice a day this week... save me.  
Everyone says that Chinese New Year is the hardest time to be a missionary because everyone makes you eat and then no one listens to you.  So you are fat and lonely... sounds like paul blart huh? All I am missing in peanut butter and pie.  (shout out to Ashley Langford!!)
LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!!
Keep pressing on!! and I am also glad you got through the Isaiah chapters ;)



 Sister Zhong and I! We went on exchanges this week and had a lot of fun.  
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY FROM THE NEIHU CREW
Sister GENG

Post a Comment