Slideshow Widget

february 2nd, 2015

Monday, February 2, 2015

Hello fam!!
These weeks are blowing by.  The harder we work the faster the time goes.  I am LOVING this transfer because we are working so hard and Heavenly Father is helping us see miracles.  Everyday we see more and more.  
Too many things happen everyweek to tell you all of it.. ha.  But maybe I will start by answering your questions?
1. I go to church in Neihu! The chapel is right across from the donghu gongyuan.  I took a picture to send you:)
2. My favorite food to eat? thats an incredibly difficult question.  everything is sooo good! But I love taro!! ahh I love taro.  Also zhen zhu!! I dont know how to explain it.  its a bobba (if you know what that is?) its like jelly balls that they put in their drinks. Also all I drink is hot water now.
3. no I haven't received your package yet.  but thanks for the heads up:) LOVE YOUUU
Ok this week was craaaazzzzzyyy. We had a meeting of some sort everyday and had almost no finding time.  but with lots of prayers and constantly trying to use every minute of everyday, we still were able to have high numbers.  Heavenly Father is helping us so much.  All he asks is that we give him every last drop of energy, be exactly obedient, and talk to everyone... easy:)
On monday I got an interesting phone call though.
So my district leader called and said that he had Sister Price there wanting to speak to me. (Sister Price is my MTC comp.) He sounded a little winded and stressed so I said "Ok?".  When I got on the phone, sister price was completely out of it.  She was talking about absolutely nothing and sounded a little crazy but I just went with it.... after a couple minutes she just started screaming on the phone and then her companon took the phone.  Turns out Sister Price crashed in the rain and completely broke her leg.  She was in really bad shock and she just kept saying she wanted to talk to me.  So while I was on the phone with her, the doctors were straightening her completly crooked leg.  ah I can't even explain how hard it was to hear her like that.  This week she had surgery and she will be going home this week... My heart is broken seeing her leave.  She has been so strong and worked so hard out here and in the MTC.  But I know God has a plan for her and all will be ok. We are heading to Taipei after this to make cookies with her  and Sister Day before she gets on the plane.
On tuesday we went to Jilong for district meeting! Isn't that where you served dad? The Harbor is BEAUTIFUL!! wow I loved it there.  and I loved knowing that you had walked on that same pier:) Its such a blessing to get to share things like this with you.
This week we also had Specialized Training and Sister Wood and I got to go to the temple and be the "Temple tour sisters" for a day:) what we did was contact around jin hua jie and bring people into the chapel for a tour.  The chapel there is INCREDIBLE.  Its set up for tours so every hal has a different theme of paintings; prophets, Christs life, Book of Mormon, restoration..ect.  That day, no one would listen to us.  It was kind of hard contacting on the streets of Taipei! ha.  but the last person we talked to was this 20 year old girl.  When we introduced ourselves she was so excited! We gave her a tour of Christ and his life in the chapel.  The spirit was so strong as we quietly walked the halls and read the scriptures about our savior.  We stopped at the picture of Christ healing the blind man and her eyes became so full of tears.  She looked at us and just said "He loves us".  Oh how right she was.  He loves us.  There are times on the street where it really hits me the power and reality of what I am saying.  Jesus Christ lives.  He came to earth so that we as Gods Children could over come every trial, every heartache.  my heart is so full... I can't explain the feeling I have.  I love this gospel and I love being a missionary.  After we finished the tour, we did some cleaning up and as we were leaving we saw the same girl wandering the halls still, just smiling:) She was just searching and she finally found it :)
It is crazy to me how much I took for granted.  We have an investigator- her name is Irene- and we were teaching the plan of salvation. I asked her why she thinks God would prepare a beautiful place like the celestial kingdom for his children... she had absolutely no idea.  So we got to testify of Gods love for her and all of us.  She was like amazed! She just looked at us, wide eyed and asked "God loves me? Really? He really loves me?"
I hope every single one of you knows the answer to that question.  God loves you.  God loves YOU.  I dont care who you are.  He created YOU and knows YOUR name.  His love for you is eternal and never changing.  You are his child.  You are precious to him.
I also love you... just so you know:)
So many things happened this week! ahhh I wish I could tell them all!
Sister Wood's back has hurt really bad and so I made her go to the hospital.  I would just like to pat myself on the back for a minute... I made my way, single handedly, through a Chinese hospital.  haha WOO!! I should get an award.
Also this week so many random people gave us food!! Sister Wood and I have had no money... hah so we were living off of rice and noodles in our apartment ( I am getting really good at making both of those just so you know) my husband will never go hungrey if there is rice anywhere near ;)  But Heavenly Father, through absolute strangers have helped us eat soooo well!! Like the other night we were biking past this fruit stand and we decided to splurg and get a guava.  The lady gave us a discount and gave us two free ones!! I was about to cry... I can't even tell you how much Heavenly Father is looking out for us.  who knew a guava could bring so much happiness. ha
Also, this will surprise you.  Last night at a fireside for our mission... I sang the musical number.  the elders and I sang and a sister played the viola.  mind blown right? Chinese people have no idea what is good singing and what isn't.  All they care is that it came from a tall, blue eyed american. ha.
so thats only a little piece of the greatness of this week!! I can't believe you went to san fran without me! Sometimes I feel like I am in San Fran because the hills here are GINORMOUS! my legs are looking buff. People tell us they feel bad for us and we just yell from the side of the rode as we are panting and can barely see through the rain "THIS IS HAPPINESS!" haha. but for real.  This is happiness.  I am so happy. I can't believe its been 7 months.  Its going too fast!! Going home freaks me out because I havent done enough here yet and I love it so much.
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!
Look for the rainbows... fun fact! Rainbows represent the covenant God made with Moses that he wouldn't flood the earth again.  It is a symbol of hope and happiness.  Look for the rainbows in life:) thats Sister Wood and I's goal.  
Another fun fact.  Wonton isn't a Chinese word.  bind blown dui bu dui. its hun dun.  
hows scripture reading going?
Mom and dad, you are one good looking couple.   and that is one good looking car.
LOVE SISTER GENG


JILONG
my free guavas and pure happiness

Post a Comment