Slideshow Widget

february 8th, 2015

Sunday, February 8, 2015

You people have so many questions!!;) haha sorry I am not very good at answering them all but I will try today.
This week has been another interesting one.
We went to the hospital again with Sister Wood and the Sister training leaders came with us. Sister Wood has had to get a lot of tests done and be will be going back tomorrow.  Poor thing:( Its been so hard to see her so upset and sick.  She has been a great trooper and we have worked so hard.  I am constantly on the phone with people and when we are on the streets we don't let anyone pass us without sharing our message:)  Through our efforts we have seen MIRACLES.  We have everyday tried harder and harder to be Preach My Gospel missionaries, be exactly obedient, and follow all of the invites from the mission president.  As we have done this, our effirts have been enough and Heavenly Father has helped us see beautiful things.  But yeah Poor Sister Wood.  She is in a lot of pain and can't eat like anything most days.    Sister Wood is a strong, incredible missionary.  She is doing  HARD things right now.  I am so grateful I have the chance to try and help her right now. Sometimes though I feel like there is absolutely nothing I can do to help and its difficult.  But it has taught me to rely on the Savior even more.  So many experiences from college have flashed back into my head this week.  I am so grateful I had that experience to serve those sisters to help me prepare for things like this.  We will keep praying and relying on our Father in Heaven for help.  
I am just full of love.  I feel like my emails are the same every week but my heart is just full full FULL of love. I can't explain the happiness and gratitude I feel to be a missionary of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I am learning sooo much.  I had no idea I could love and feel so much.  The gospel is BEAUTIFUL!! Huang Dixiong got baptized yesterday!! I wasn't there to see it but today I got pictures of his baptism from his girl friend and I can just see the light beaming from him.  Juist that I could be a small small piece in him finding the gospel means so much to me.  Heavenly Father allows us missionaries to feel the joy he has when his children find him!! its INCREDIBLE.  Huang Dixiong was my first investigator:) I love him a bunch and am excited for the incredible things he will do for his father in heaven.  
Every week we got to the hospital to sing to a sweet lady in our ward.  She has cancer and is very very sick.  This past week when we went, we took her a flower... when we walked in we saw her husband and daughter just standing over the bed.  She was put  into a comma because the pain was so bad for her.  It broke my heart to see her small, fragile body laying there.  We talked with her husband and daughter for a bit and sang to them.  We just sang song after song and the spirit filled the room. Her husband then told us how he is scared but he feels so much peace.  The gospel brings peace to even the most dark of times.  Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world.  He SAVES us from all things.  Every sin, every pain, every challenge.  He also saves us from dispair.  It had to do everything I could to not cry.  
I love love love the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
 On a lighter note though... this week I have tried to see how many street vendors I could off of... haha.  I want to experience real mission life in Taiwan:)    update: no diarreha yet
Also when Sister Wood was having a hard time, I would have her stop and take a stupid picture... so prepare for some stupid pictures this week:) We needed some way to lighten it up and that was the only thing I could think of while we were knocking. ha.
This week I have studied a lot about the spirit and How important prayer is.  Preach My Gospel is the best book ever (aside from the scriptures of course).  But anyways, I have tried really hard to have more meaningful prayers and and to listen really intently to the spirit.  In the most real sense there is, the spirit is guiding us.  We are protected and we are led to the prepared.  We are told what to say and how to help others understand.  I can have peace everyday because I know that if I am keeping all the commandments, if I am following all the rules, If I am smiling and working as hard as I can, God will direct us.  And I can have faith that everything that happens is the Lords will for me, Sister Wood, and Neihu.  
Yesterday we met with our miracle family ( I love them ) and we were a little hesitatnt to invite them to baptism because the mom isn't all in yet.  but the invite is to extend baptismal commitments no later than the second lesson... As Sister Wood and I followed the spirit we knew that we needed to ask them to be baptized.  So after a beautiufl lesson rich with the spirit, we invited them... they said no... and then they said we don't need to meet with them anymore.  few things hurt more than that.
But when we left their house sister wood and I evaluted our lesson and prayed.   We were filled with so much peace.  That should have left us frustrated and sad but instead we both were filled with so much peace because we did what God wanted us to do.  We knew without a doubt that we had followed the spirit.  
No matter what happens we can have peace and happiness if we follow the spirit... so do it:)
 Fat season is starting here.  its called Guo Nian.  We have already been fed so much in preparation for everyone to leave Taipei.  good thing riding bikes here is super xinku (That doesn't translate to English.... sorry).  
Neihu is FLOURISHING! So many people are excited to learn and grow closer to God.  We have several people on date for baptism and one is our sweet Irene (lu jie mei).  LOVE HER and so does Heavenly Father... You can just feel it.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
to answer your questions... the plane crash was in my area... so sad:( We were safe but a lot of people are mourning right now.  Just another instance where we have to trust Gods plan for us.

I also cannot believe you are 13 jake!! AHH

LOVE YOU



 Our cute little ye yi ting!!  also my crazy hair.   Taiwan is the only place that can make straight hair curl...
our stress relief.

 GUO NIAN
taiwan..

CORN! and the corn man!
Irene and our heart attacking job!

Post a Comment