Slideshow Widget

April 12, 2015 Birthday Girl!

Sunday, April 12, 2015

I don't even know where to begin... I am going to start by saying that this will be the craziest email you have ever read, but I will try my best to help you understand my life... haha 

After 9 months I actually had a baby!! (thats weird... I feel like I better get used to this feeling because in real life it really will come in 9 months.) 
This week was awesome, stressful, and terrifying.  I finally slept last night after several days of staring at the ceiling thinking "there is no way".  
We had trainer/trainy meetings all week and sister Guo and I partied our last days together.  I LOVE Sister Guo.  She is the best companion I have ever had and she really helped me become a better woman and missionary.  I miss her very very much.  Our last day together we had our English party.  We made cookies with our students and then played games.  But as the cookies were baking, a huge storm hit and the power went out!! So with the light of everyones phones we played charades and ate cookies.  it was so fun and such an adventure! For our spiritual share we had one of the elders do 15 pushups for everyone to get a cookie.  At first everyone was screaming and thought it was so funny ut as we went around the circle, it started getting hard.  The elder started struggling and people started saying that they didn't want a cookie... As I watched I started crying.. we talked about the atonement and explained Christs love for each of us.  In that dark room, people started to understand who Christ is.  What a beautiful experience.. there is no way I could ever explain the feeling in that room.  As elder Wu did the last 15 pushups, the power came back on.  Heavenly Father knows exactly what he is doing.  Christ brings light to our darkend worlds.  
I MISS NEIHU!! I loved them all so so  much.  When we leave areas we start to see the good that really did come while we were there and the relationships we make.  I am so grateful that God allowed me to serve in such a beautiful place.  Irene my investugator will be baptized next week:)
I know that, that spiritual share was Heavenly Father reminding ME of Christs power before I stepped into the situation I am in right now.. 
I AM IN XINZHUANG.
MY TRAINY IS SISTER NANNY.
I HAVE NO AREA BOOK.
that explains my life.  
Oh and they turned off our water on saturday.
On thursday night we had "babysitting".  We take out a new missionary and then buy them a drink at the end of the night.  I got paired up with Sweet Sister Nanny (who became my real companion) ha.  On friday we had this huge meeting (it's like a party.  I like how president Day does things here).  And we got our assignments! 
When I got to our area, I realized that we had nothing.  Like literallly.  We had no bed, no desks, no keys, no phone, NO AREA BOOK, no nothing.  I am literally starting from rock bottom and uilding an area.  We dont even have a map. 
I may or may not have had a small panic attack when I took my baby to this place.  BUT Heavenly Father has blessed us so much and has given me a lot of peace.  It has been a great weekend of miracles and lots and lots of prayers. 
But I've got a story.  
As we left the house, I told our roommates (Sister Hill and her trainee) "Maybe we will get let in to someones house tonight!"... and then I laughed...
Our first contact.  FIRST CONTACT, I decided we would knock by our house because I didn't want us to get lost.. haha.  
So we knock this door and this little old lady comes out.  She starts talking in taiwanese and I tell her (in the little taiwanese that I know) that I don't understand and that we are missionaries.  She lets us in! So we head in and she starts giving us all this food and stuffing our bags with crackers and other stuff.  I was so confused.  I am actually still confused.  After we get her to sit down, I sing to her, read alma 7:11-12 and start to talk to her about Christ.  But every few seconds she butts in and tells me my eyes are big.. once we finally finished, we started to head out and she runs into the back room and comes out with a hong bao(a red envelope with money in it)!!! I told her no several times and she just kept bowing and pushing it into my hands.  after five minutes of this, I bowed back, blessed her with peace and health and peaced out with a hong bao, crackers, and a very very confused traineee..... haha my poor trainee will never have a normal experience because nothing normal ever happens to me.  

With all of the craziness, I didn't have time to think about my birthday.  I was busy talking to members and trying to find my way around that I didn't remember most of the day.  But Sweet Sister Hill made my pancakes for breakfast and decorated my room.  She is an angel that has helped me so much with mental support these past couple days.  We were in the MTC with me for a week or so.  She has been living here for a transfer and so she has been able to help me a little.  
Heavenly FaTHER has blessed me with lots of miracles.  Lots of tender mercies.  I think that watching conference  this weekend was the greatest blessing.  I got to hear the words of Gods prophets and receive so much revelation and comfort. 
A scripture that was said over and over was Doctrine and Covenants 6:36.  I feel like that was God speaking directly to me.. Look unto him in every thought, doubt not, fear not.  

I love you all so much!! I got your packages and sat on the floor last night after planning and ate chocloate and read your letters:) thank you so much for everything!! 
PS MY CAMERA DIED ON WEDNESDAY!! I HAVE NO PICTURES OF THIS VERY IMPORTANT WEEK. I am so sorry:) believe me, I am just as sad as anyone else.  But I will get pictures for sister hill and sister nanny.  They  took lots:). LOVE YOU!!

Post a Comment