This week has been full of headaches, no sleep, tears, miracles, huge smiles, and just about every other emotion there is. This training business is kind of... crazy. especially because we don't know where anything is, we have no phone still, and I haven't learned enough characters to get us smoothly through anything.. haha. We have spent lots of days drenched on the streets of Taiwan staring at a map. But I am so grateful that God allows us to have challenges and opposition. I have learned so much this week and have relied completely on the only person that understands. our Father in Heaven. Even in all of the craziness, we have seen nothing but miracles.
We have also seen that as we follow the invitations of our leaders and become Preach My Gospel missionaries, missionry work is done the lords way. We are given all the things we need and we are given all the direction, we just have to simply do it. ha.
This week started off kind of rough with a lot of stress. I feel a lot of pressure in this area because I know that President Day expects a lot from me and is trusting me a lot by doing this. Also, I just want Sister Nanny to have the best experience ever and to see what real, hard work is. We have worked or tails off and have been EXACTLY obedient. We have been praying for miracles everyday and hitting the street running.
But with all of this, it has still been hard. I have felt really alone this week and really heavy at times. I am trying to figure out how to have fun AND work hard. Also how to not stress. I have found that laughter, prayer, and chocolate are the best medicine :)
We had a lesson on the other side of our area with a couple member families. We had their address and set out! as we were walking, Sister Nanny and I were talking to everyone and it was going ok. But I soon realized that I didn't know where I was and that our destination was far away. I pulled out the map and were trying so hard to read it and figure out where we were. It then started pouring. like completely pouring. We stopped at a 7 11 and bought ponchos and started asking EVERYONE for help. Everyone was telling me something different and I just wanted to cry. (luckily Sister Nanny was pretty oblivious to the stress of the situation.. haha). But I asked her if we could say a prayer. In the prayer I felt that we needed to take a bus. So I just chose a directioon and started walking. I kept praying in my heart that everything would be ok and that we would find it. and then I saw it! I saw the bus stop we needed in my head. It was clear as day. I knew exactly where the bus stop would be and that it would take us to their house. I had walked past that place once but didnt remember seeing a bus stop. But I just kept walking to it. As we turned the corner of the street, it was there!! The same one I saw in my head! I asked some men if they could help us find the right bus and they told me which one I needed and that bus took us straight there! and we were only 5 minutes late.
I know that God is watching after me and sister nanny. He has put me in this really hard situation but he has not left me alone. He is forever by myside. He tells me all day long that it will be ok.
Today I read in Job 5 and it says
"behold, happy is the man that God correcteth; therefore despise not thou the chastening of the almighty... At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh; neither shalt thou be afraid of beasts of the earth."
How perfect is that!? I know that it would be easy for me to say "Why do I need to do this?" "Why do I need these trials." But I knwo that This is a blessing!! a huge huge blessing. And because I have God on my side, I can look at rain storms, Chinese characters, and this new area with a smile and just know that I have God on my side.
Also this week we had another awesome experience!! We were praying with this woman and I prayed that we would have rain because they have been turning off our water lately because of lack of rain (even though it rains every day?) and ask soon as I said amen, we heard thunder and it started POURING!! like not even a little rain.. it started pouring buckets!
haha how crazy is that?!? I looked at her with big eyes and said "I just prayed for rain." and she looked at me back and with wide eyes just nodded. she then became our new investigator.. hahaha MIRACLES!!!
I love my mission.
Sister Nanny is doing great! it has been a struggle because she is allergic to everything and so we have to hunt for food to eat but aside from that, she is a hard worker and her chinese is great! she studied before at BYU. We have had to talk some things out this week but it is getting better. We are VERY different and I think it has been hard adjusting to a new mission. She loved serving in california for three months and our missions are really different.
But I am so grateful for her and that she is my baby:)
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!! Just like every week.
Love sister griff geng




Post a Comment