Slideshow Widget

April 6, 2015

Sunday, April 5, 2015

This week the weather got HOT.  The famous Taiwanese summer has hit. sweating the moment you step out of the shower.  woo! So, my legs are always white (as you know) but they are especially white.  ha.  Sister guo screamed when she saw them.  But the thing is, every taiwanese person is so jealous.  We were biking up a hit and this little amah (old old lady) was stumbling down the hit.  I stopped my bike and went to help her.  The first thing she did was lean over, grab my leg, and told me how beautiful it was.... it was awkward.  I had to rip my leg away from her.  
I am glad someone appreciates my inability to tan. 


I can't even begin to explain this week.  Too many things. 
but before I begin.  God answers every prayer.  He allows us to struggle and prepare for new things.  And sometimes we just have to look to him and say "Ok Heavenly Father, I am going to have to just trust you on this one."  This week I have learned those things.  

First things first, 
Dad, we literally had the same Easter experience.  No one said a word about Easter and everyone I talked to, I wished them a Happy Easter and they had no idea what I was talking about.  It was fast sunday and no one said a thing about the Savior and his Resurrection.  It was just another sunday.  But something incredible happened.  It was the most beautidul day I have ever seen in Taiwan.  I know without a doubt that it was God telling everyone that his son lives.  As I rode my bike past the mountains and the lake and heard the birds chirping, I felt God's infinite love for all of his children.  I had such a beautiful Easter.  I woke up early, showered and got all ready in my brightest dress and attempted to curl my hair... hah.  And then I sat next to the open window and sang all the hymns about Christ's atonement and his resurrection.  It was a very special experience.

Also this week I had some big things happen.  I don't know if I want everyone to know all this because it probably sounds like I am bragging but really, It was a sign on Heavenly Fathers mercy.  This transfer I have flet pretty crummy about myself and my Chinese and everything because I have a taiwanese companion and it is hard to keep up with someone who is fluent and can easily do everything herself.  
but this week I got a call from the assistants and they told me that they were doing a leadership council this week with all the Sister Training Leaders and Zone Leaders and they want my advice on some things.  I was so confused.  
They talked about how when I got to Neihu, our numbers shot up and we gave out so many Books of Mormon and they wanted to know how I did it.  So I told them some things we did and then hung up the phone.  They called back an hour or two later and said that they talked to President Day, and President Day wanted me to come to the training and help the assistants train.  I was sooo nervous.  I am still a fairly new missionary and in my eyes (especially this tranfer) I feel like I know nothing and I have so many weaknesses.  But being in that meeting was such a blessing.  The spirit was so strong and we all learned so much.  I know that the numbers being high wasn't me.. it was Heavenly Father helping me see miracles.  But we can only see these  miracles if we are exactly obedient and we are preach my gospel missionaries.  I BELIEVE IN PREACH MY GOSPEL.  It is truly the word of God.  My preach my gospel is falling apart because  I have loved it so much. hah.  I invite everyone to read it (whether you are serviing a mission or not).  
also... this is probably the more exciting part of my letter... I AM TRAINING.  this week I get a baby:) 
I will be moving this week and opening a new area with a trainy... I don't know where yet.  I am honestly terrified.  I didn't sleep last night. I remember being with Sister Smith doing the same thing and it was hard... Especially because I still don't read very much.  But like I said... Heavenly Father is full of so much grace and mercy.  He has helped me the past couple days to have the self confidence to do this.  At church yesterday I started talking to a lady and she asked me if I go home this transfer.  I said no and she was AMAZED.  She said that I sound like I should be going home.. that was the biggest blessing ever because I have beat myself up everyday this transfer about my Chinese and have worked so hard to learn it.  
Another tender mercy was my personal study today.  
I was reading in the bible, 2 chronicles 19 and twenty.  A verse I particularity loved was... (I changed some words)...
"Stand still, and see the salvation of the lord with you. O' (Sister Griffin) fear not, nor be dismayed; Tomorrow go out against (your fears); for the lord will be with you"
"Believe in the lord your god... believe his prophets, so ye will prosper."
My ability to speak this language isn't perfect, and there is no way I can do everything that is going to be placed before me.  But I know that God's prophet has called me to come to the little island of Taiwan to share the happy sounds of Jesus Christ.  I literally know that President Monson, and President Day are both men of God and that they are guided and directed by the spirit.  So what they ask me to do is directly From God.  
And I know that God loves me and will help me.
I know that Christ lives. I know that because of him we understand true happiness.  Yesterday we taught someone the plan of salvation with cute little pictures and then watched "Because he lives".  After the video I just took all the pieces of the plan of salvation, mixed them together and slapped a picture of christ on the table.  HE is the plan of Happiness.  It is only through him.  

I hope you had a wonderful Easter!!! I can't wait to watch conference next week:) Thanks for sharing some of the great parts (even though it is all great) ha.  
I can't wait to tell you about this next week.... my 20th birthday, my mission half way point... my new area... and my baby:)

ALL MY LOVE AND MORE!!
Sister Geng


 Cooking with sweet Sister Zhang!
MASSIVE chopsticks!!!!


Irene at the temple with us:) I am so tall... forever and always

The second picture is for dad... :) hahaha

Post a Comment