ni hao...
Thank you so much for all the inspiring emails and all of the love and support. Every transfer I think "this can't get any harder"... and it does. I am exhausted in every way possible and every morning, it takes every inch of energy I have to get on my knees. But while I am on my knees, I feel strength. On my knees is where I feel the safest. And it helps me press forward and keep going. My prayers are more and more meaningful and I know that this is the chance I have to see Gods hand completely.
I have had 19 lessons cancel this week. 19!! Half of those were members. I have been trying so hard to get this area under control and get it up and going. I spent early mornings and late nights trying to get records written, people followed up with, and everything going smoothly. It has been really frustrating to have my whole week and all my hard work fall through. I tell you this, not to complain, but to just emphasis that we as missionaries are in the Lords hands. He makes sure that we meet with the people HE wants us to meet with and we get done what HE wants done. Even with everything falling apart this week, we had great numbers and saw awesome miracles. We just decide that when its time to leave, we work hard and give our all to the Lord so that we can be worthy of his blessings. God has so much mercy and grace. That is what I have held on to this week.
Elder Gong (of the 70) came to Taiwan this week for mission tours. On monday night I got a call saying that he wanted to interview me. So on Tuesday, I and a few other missionaries, got the privilege of meeting with him one on one. I was really nervous and President Day was making fun of my sweaty hands but it was a great experience. He asked me questions and gave me some advice and asked me to share my testimony with him. It was very cool being with a member of the 70 and hear his council. After my interview, we met with all the Taipei zones and had ice cream and a fireside with him. It has been a fun week in Taipei:)
The training was the next day and it was full of the spirit. Christ really is the light and the life of the world. As I attend sacrament meeting or a fireside of some sort, I just feel the cracks that I have become full. It is an incredible feeling.
On the street yesterday I was bearing testimony of Christ and I told this sweet woman that I know that Christ is my savior. She looked at me and said "how?!"... I thought for a second and I testified to her of the spirit I know it because the spirit of God has deeply impressed it upon my heart. Somedays I wonder if I can keep going.. Some days I wonder if this is all worth it.. and then I remember that it is worth it because it is true and I KNOW.
I am grateful for the trials and opposition that God allows us to have. In Mosiah 24 it talks about trials and burdens and how God will help them be light. I testify that this is ture.
I know that God is leading the way of the work in Xinzhuang. We are getting investigators and we are meeting the prepared. I know that he puts the words in my mouth and the thoughts in my mind that I need. As I constantly pray, God tells me who is prepared, who needs to be called, and where we need to go.
I have had several small feelings that as I acted on them, I knew it was God.
I can't explain it but it is increidble to know that I am not alone.
Also, IRENE GOT BAPTIZED!! In Neihu!! Everyone told me how she was so happy and she talked about how grateful she was that I knocked on her door and that God found her:) She will be my friend forever... I love her and am so happy for her. The joy of bringing others to the gospel is incredible.
I love missionary work!!! Sorry I started my letter out so negatively.. I hope you know that I have joy and I know that I am in the hands of God.
I love you all so much!! You all have more time than me to email so I want to hear more!! pleaaassseeee.
LOVE GENG




Post a Comment