Slideshow Widget

May 13th 2015

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

HELLO EVERYONE!! 

I LOVED SEEING YOU!!
I am so blessed with an incredible family.  I know why they don't let us do that very often though.  I strive hard to have my head in the game every minute of everyday (other than pday.. thats when I let myself think about you and home a little) but after seeing you, it was a little harder to get back in the game.  So we got a big apple and a donggua cha :) haha.  But we saw great miracles this week!

This past week has been full of... a lot.  haha it is all a blur.  We had zone meeting and learned that President Day is kicking everything up a knotch his last transfer here.  We have a lot of things changing and its AWESOME!! I have never felt more like Helaman's army before.  I believe that this is God allowing us to refine ourselves even more and submit to his will.  
Sister Nanny and I have been working harder than ever to do effective follow up, to work closely with the members of the ward, and to just love love love everyone! It has been incredible.  God is truly blessing us.  There is a set of elders doing the same thing we are in our district.  They are opening a brand new area and just wroking hard to get it up and going.  The poor things have had no success.  No one will listen to them on the street and no one will meet with them or even give them their number.  I am so grateful that we have been able to really see God's hand as we have started from scratch and moved upward.  
I also had exchanges with the Temple sisters this week (Sister APs).  I LOVED IT.  I received so much personal revelation and learned a whole lot about being a better missionary and focusing on the spirit when finding.  When we pray out on the street to know where to go, I keep my eyes shut for a couple seconds and imagine the areas we could go and I just feel.  Everytime, God puts a place in my mind and as we follow those promptings, we find people.  Its incredible what the spirit can do.  
Also, I BELIEVE IN GOOD MEMBER RELATIONSHIPS.  
we have been serving, loving, and friendshipping like crazy and our relationships with the ward are sooooo good.  Everyone is grateful we have come to Dan Feng ward.  In almost every sacrament meeting, people have talked about the blessing and gratitude they have from having us there.  Everyone loves us and that has helped us with doing the work. Also everyone is soooo excited to help us.  Because they love us, they are jumping at every chance they have to help.  On sunday we had so many investigators and LAs come to church, we were wondering how we were going to do it all.  We went to the bathroom and walked up to the chapel to find that every LA and INV had three or four people around them asking if they would sit with them and really welcoming them to church.   one of our investigators said that because he had work, there was no way he could come to church ever.  But the The bishop and his  wife called this inv so many times and put his name in the temple... HE CHANGED HIS WORK AND CAME TO CHURCH.  These members are helping us do missionary work and it is the biggest blessing. 
  Also, we have an investigator that I need you all to pray for.. hr name is zhan1 xu2 hui4.  She is an awesome 40 year old woman who is done with all the lessons and will not set a baptismal date.  She is wants so badly for God to tell her when to be baptised and she feels that she hasn't gotten an answer.  I believe that the prayer of faith has so much power so I need you all to use that great faith of yours for her:) 
lastly, we had a member this week ask if we could teach her mom who isn't a member.  She had met missionaries before but never felt comfortable meeting with them until we came.  We met her once and she was willing to set up with us.  On the way to the lesson, I asked her daughter what we could do to help her mom and she said "help her feel the spirit".  I was like "uhh... ok.  I think I can do that." hah.  I never have thought about that before.  I always just thought it happened.  So Sister Nanney and I prayed extra hard that we would know what to say and do.  Well as the lesson started, this very buddhst momma did not like what we were teaching and she got pretty fired up.  I got pretty nervous and didn't know what to do.  So I prayed again and just did what I knew to do, listen and then preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.  As we did the spirit flooded in.  The spirit told us what to say and the spirit helped her calm down.  At the end, I aske her how she felt and she said " I feel the holy ghost".  I then asked if she believed that our message is true and she said that she KNOWS its true.  She then set up to meet with us again. 
The spirit is the greatest teacher.  I love my mission.
I love being out here and working hard.  I love being dripping with sweat talking to people in Chinese and about Jesus and prophets.  Our message is one that changes lives.   It is TRUTH.
I love the gospel and I love being Gods missionary.  
LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! Have a great last week of school!!!
Sister Geng!

 HOT POT!! I am seriously going to miss this one day.
 I haven't eaten chocolate in sooo long.  Happiness in an m&m bag!

Post a Comment