Slideshow Widget

May, 17th 2015

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Gen jin bu pa huo lian!
That has been my motto this week.  
Real Gold Fears No Fire.  
Sometimes the fire is hot and hurts and sometimes you don't realize that you are sticking your hand in the fire all by yourself.. haha.. I learned so much this week and really learned what God wants for me as a missionary.  
I was reminded of a lot and worked on focusing on what God wants of me and no so much of what I THINK God wants of me.  Its very very different.
We had temple day this week, interviews, and then Sister Nanney and I got to be the temple square tour sisters for a day.  In all of those situations God cleared the fog that was covering my eyes. And now my heart is so much happier.  
First off, The temple was WONDERFUL.  I spirit really hungers and thirsts after the temple and being with in its holy walls.  I know that without a doubt the temple is the house of God.  As I sat in there, I felt so much peace and I poured out my heart.  I was reminded of Gods desire for all of us to be happy.  He did all that he has for the happiness of his children. I feel that for people all day long.  I feel that all God wants is for them to be happy and come unto him so that they can feel of his love.  Sometimes I forget that He wants that for me too! He wants me to not run myself into the ground and not pick myself apart.  I also remembered that I don't have much time left and all I want everyday is to give my all to God.  I have given everything I have everyday.  I follow every rule, I don't waste time, when I am on the street, I talk to everyone and am constantly striving to help others come unto Christ.  But while doing this, I was forgetting important things.  
All I want is to be like my Savior.  
As I was contacting this week, I was sitting next to someone on the MRT and I just started talking to her.  I told her that I come to Taiwan because I know people have a lot of pain.  I know lots of people struggle and they have no place to turn to for peace.  They don't know God exists and that their souls are precious.  As I was just telling her this I realized how important and how incredible my job is as a missionary.  I meet with people all day long to help them come unto Christ and feel of Gods love.  On the street, we don't force anyone.  We are not supposed to convince people that they need this or force them to pray with us.  We are to only testify and allow them to feel the spirit.  Allow them to feel Gods love.  I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!
 second, we had interviews.  right before I went in, I passed off phase two of the mandarin language learning phases that our mission has! I AM LEARNING CHARACTERS/STARTED READING THE BOOK OF MORMON THIS WEEK! I looooovvvveee this language.  also I was so excited to get over that test haha. I don't miss tests.
During interviews I showed president Day my goals and then (since it is our last interview with him before he goes home next month) I asked him what he wanted me to know as his missionary and I asked him how I can be better.  
He said "Sister Griffin, I have a couple things" so I pulled out my notebook and clicked my pen.  
He then reached across his desk and grabbed my notebook and wrote "Sister griffin, you are good enough.  -President Day"
He told me that I need to remember this.  and he told me that I need to ease up on the pressure on myself.  He knows that I expect a lot of myself and that I work hard.  He then told me to take a cocos break every now and then (cocos is my favorite drink place here).  He told me that if I allow myself to do that, I will work more efficiently and my engine won't bust.  
As he was talking, I realized that God doesn't want me to be hard on myself anymore.  I know I have said this many times in my life but satan always jumps in and pushes hard to convince me otherwise.  This transfer has been sooooo hard.  The hardest part of my mission for sure.  I know that satan has taken the hard situations I am in and added more pressure through my thoughts about myself.  I want to be like Christ and I want to give God my all but that will not happen if I beat myself up every day and focus on all my flaws.  I am being purified through the fire but I should not fear it because God has made me into real gold.
I know God is so merciful... I see his merciful hand everyday.  When all things seem to be going wrong, we see a miracle and the spirit is brought to comfort and pull us through.

Sister Nanney and I are working much better together and have really felt our companionship of two become a companionship of three, me, sister nanney and God.  She is doing so awesome!! Her chinese is incredible, she works so hard, and she has lived through me as her trainer... haha.  Starting our second transfer this week! Time is flying.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! I show them our family picture. and then they ask which one is me........ hahaha I have changed a lot obviously.  But I am so grateful.  I am grateful because the inside of me is refined and closer to god.  I still have a long way to go but I am getting there.
Also-last funny thing.  I love how honest people are here.  
we were giving our investigator a tour of our chapel and we stopped at a picture of christ, I asked her what she thought. She then touched my tummy and looked at me all worried and asked why I have gotten fat. hahah.  I was like uhhhhh... so what are your thouhghts about Jesus in this picture? 
Have a great week!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!
Love, sister geng


 The kids that skyped with me.
 A member from Neihu! LOVE HER!  ran into her at the temple this week. Qiu Jie Mei
MRT fun after a long long long day of sweating.
 Our Balcony and our roommates!
 Dripping wet!  Welcome to Taiwan

 Greatest pictures of my mission thus far.  This man just came and sat by me during dinner.  He just stared at me and smiled the whole time (he has no teeth)  haha but I started talking to him and Sister Nanney took pictures.  Are these not the cutest things ever?!!  You can tell how I talk to people.  I LOVE THEM.



Post a Comment