re zhang leng suo...
an idiom I learned this week that means nothing to any of you... it means when things are hot they open and when they are cold it shuts. Just thought id share the only idiom that I know.
LOVE YOU ALL!
This week I have been wet.. everyday..all day. Either from sweat or rain. In other words, I have never looked more beautiful in my life... :)
As god was pouring down water upon the land of taiwan, he was also pouring down BLESSINGS AND HAPPINESS.
Sister Nanney and I had fun this week and did some spontaneous things as well as working our tails off.
We got cua bing (this ice fruit thing that dad can never find in the US) and we ran up a mountain, got free fruit, and did tai ji with a million old people. I HAVE THE BEST LIFE EVER!!
This week I also learned a lot about Christs gospel and Gods plan for each of us. In lessons this week, I faced questions that I have never heard before and that really made me stretch spiritually. I have studied hard everyday and strived to listen to the spirit more as I plead with heavenly father to help me understand. I know without a doubt that us missionaries are Gods greatest investigators. I have felt myself really converting to Jesus Christ and being able to better understand who I am as his precious daughter.
I also testify that Taiwanese peope are the more incredible people on the face of the planet. No matter how buddhist they are, they are incrediblyt christ like. We were knocking an dthe rain was dumping!! we didnt have an umbrella and I didnt want to waste time to go home or go buy one so Sister Nanney and I just kept going. We knocked one ladies door and she rejected us and shut the door in our face. After we left, we heard her door open and I looked back to see her peaking around her wall to watch us contact. I thought she was a little crazy. But then she came out after us with an umbrella and told us we could keep it. I was so gan dong..I almosty started to cry. God is so merciful to give us experiences like that.
Also this week, we found a family!! They have 4 girls and one littloe sweet boy. they came after us one night on their bikes and asked if they could learn about jesus. how incredible is that?
Also this week, we had our english party! had a game night and each missionary companionship taught a game. I did the oreo game, where you try to get it in your mouth without touching it. no one could do it. EXCEPT ME! It must be my big nose.... only dad will get that joke.
allssooo
This week, as I was reading in Jesus the christ I read something that really stuck out to me..that everyone on this earth is a spirit clothed with a body of fraility and weakness. As I read that I thought, our spirits however are literally offspring of a God. We all have the incredible potential to be like Him. In a lesson this week we were teaching about how our relatiionsjhip with God is a lot like our fathers reltuonsjhip because God literally is our father. Our investigator didnt get it and was tellingf em all these reasons why that isnt true. As they were talking, I just felt so bad for them that they didnt know that. They didnt know that God just wants they to be happy and that he is always there for us. That we can talk to him every time of the day and know of our great worth since we are HIS!
We are HIS! we are Gods Children. Today I was talking to sister naney about the power of saying truth out loud and how if you say "I am a child of God" out loud and think about it, it begins to seep in the truth and power of that statement. I invite you all to do it.
The investigator that didn't understand that biyu was the mom of two of our members., This sweet lady is really buddhist and sometimes just wants to push our buttons but she also has so smuch interest. It gets hard in her lessons sometimes though because I wonder if anything is sinking in and if she really has a desire. Yesterday she was getting all fired up about how unfair she thought the plan of salvation is (before she let us finish it). I stopped talking, listened and did some really renzhen prayer to know what to say. I just testified of Christ and his mercy and grace and I testified what I knew to be true and left it at that. I was bummed because I thought I had failed a little because I didnt know what to say. after we said the closingprayer she looked at me and said "there is something different about you missionary. Its different than any memebr I have evr met before. When you walked in, the holy ghost came. and when you speak, I can feel it too. That is why I am meeting with you. I feel the holy ghost." and then she said "But as for now, I am not getting baptized..." and she smiled.
Everytime we meet with her she says she isnt getting baptizerd ever but yesterday she daid "for now"...
The gospel of jesus christ changes hearts and that is through the power of the holy ghost.
Who am I to EVER think that I would effect any peice of Gods work?!? Who do I even think I am?? I am just a small piece. My efforts are small little things that God can use for his benefit but I could never get in the way of the salvation of Gods children.
On the street I try hard every single day to testify of truth and bring people unto Christ. To help them feel of his love and the truth of our words. we are rejectyed a lot and some people say "they are all the same!" or "I dont need it".. everyday I just want to shake them and be like "ARE YOU CRAZY?! OF COURSE YOU NEED THIS!! We have aprophet on the earth today!! On the earth we have Gods power to have eternal life and eternal families. Christ atoned for your sins and you dont have to be in pain anymore. You can pray and speak to your father in heaven."
I know this is true and I know that Gods will prepare their hearts.
I know God has prepared the hearts of his children here in taiwan. I am so blessed to be just a small piece of his work.
LOVE SISTER GENG.
ps sorry this is such a random email. LOVE YOU!
our district.. LOVE THEM!!!!
me teaching them how its done in america...
soaked several times.. too many pictures in the elevator





Post a Comment