"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God , The Everlasting Father , The Prince of Peace ." 2 Nephi 19:6
Wonderful.
Counselor.
The Prince Of Peace.
I have felt this more this week than ever before. Jesus Christ is wonderful. he is our greatest counselor. And he is the one who brings us peace.
I know why sister Nanney and I were sent to open Dan Feng. People here really need the knowledge of their savior.
It has been a rough week to be honest. I still dont have my bike which makes work almost impossible and on top of it all, I am sick.. again. haha. Its really just to the point where it is hilarious. Its like in the movies where they say "what else could go wrong?" and then it starts pouring rain... It rains alot here by the way.
But I have learned the power and the truth of the words in Mosiah 14 where it says that God did not take away their burdens but he gave them the strength and then promised them that through their faith and patience, He would deliever them. I am so grateful we have a God how allows us to struggle and be pushed to our very limits. Even when we think we cant be pushed any further. But as I trust him, I am made strong Ether 12:27.
I have feasted on the words of God this week and have callouses on my knees from praying. And I am pretty sure that is how I made it through this week.
that and God has allowed us to see MIRACLES (just like every other week)
We have been hunting down people that they ward has asked. They give us their name and address and we just set out! This week we were asked to find two LAs. And with heavenly fathers help, we found them and had incredible miracles.
One lived all the way on the other side of our area but I had no idea what that meant exactly. we set out walking... and walking.,... and walking. I was sick as a dog and could barely walk in a straight line and it was hot and humid and I had no idea where we were. I kept praying... I prayed so hard the whole time. I couldnt read the map and everyone I asked was telling me something different and I was just ready to quit. We then had to find a place to stop for dinner and because sister nanney is allergic to everything it took us half of dinner time just finding some where to eat. Needless to saY\y, I was ready to give up but I didnt know how to get home.. I prayed again and we set out! We finally got to her street and we were 300 numbers from her house. I then had a feeling to just call her. This sweet woman hopped in her car and came and found us!! When we got in the car, her and her beautiful little 3 year old son greeted us with the warmest smiles. When we got to their house, we started talking about they lives and asking her questions to get to know her. Within ten minutes she just spilled out all of her heavy feelings. She told us of how she was so weighed down with sin and she thought there was no way to be forgiven and so she gave up on herslef and she gave up on God. When I heard that, I knew why heavenly father kept telling us to find her and why he didnt let us head home. Her spirit was dying. On the floor in her apartment Sister Nanney and I taught the power of Christ. That power changed her out look. We read scripture after scripture of Christs mercy and grace and then I taught her what Brad Wilcox taught us about grace. Her eyes opened so wide. She said she finally understood. It wasnt me or my teaching skills. It was all God who brought his sweet daughter out of the dark and into the light of our savior. I invited her to repent and come unto Christ.
Yesterday I really felt like I needed to fast even though I wasnt feeling well. Again I relied on prayer and just told heavenly ftaher I would do my best. W\As we sat in sacrament meeting, no one was there who said theyw ould be and I was so disappointed.. So I started pouring my heart out to heavenly father. In the middle of my prayer, I heard the door open once...twice... three times.. I turned around to see the two LAs we found and one of their families. IT WAS AMAZING!! As I sat by the sweet woman we had taught about the savior, I knew God loved her. I cant exaplin it but I just know.
I know heavenly father is looking out for me and for sister Nanney and for this area. God is my greatest companion. Christ is the greatest healer.
This week I also learned some taiwanese! ha WOO! and I ate a whole squid (head and all). I can text in chinese And the ward really loves us and they really trust us! We have received so many member referrals. It will take time to get everything up and going but it is great seeing Gods hand.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! Your emails and testimonies help me mor ethan you know. I say a lot of the same things this week but I am really grateful for you all.
Sister Geng




Post a Comment