Quote from this week..
"Sister Nanney are you excited for today?"... "I put on sunscreen today and sunscreen means adventure." haha this girl cracks me up. The sun has been blazing hot this week. The da tai yang (big sun) is as bad as they all say. I have been really sweaty all week long. But there is not a better feeling than coming in after a day of doing the Lords work feeling exhausted and looking really gross. :) knowing me, you probably think I'm joking but seriously. This week has been so awesome!
We worked and worked and worked. and we studied and studied and studied. I got your letters this week and put peices on my wall.
"The faith proceeds the miracle" and focus all your studies, your fasting, your prayers on these people and LOVE them because this time will go fast.
With those reminders, I have forgotten all about my weaknesses and my insecurities and just did Gods work the best I could and LOVED these people. Which honestly is the easiest thing to do.
We saw so many miracles this week!! I have been praying hard for a family to teach and praying for the faith sufficient to find one. Yesterday I fasted as well and WE FOUND TWO FAMILIES!! ONE FOUND US!! They came to church and asked if we could say a prayer with them. I was a little confused because I have never had someone come to the church building and ask me to say a prayer with them before. But we said a prayer with a beautiful family with three little kids. we then taught them about Jesus Christ and they asked if they could come back to the church and learn more!! Yang family was directed to Christ through His angels. I know that I am nothing. Seriously my efforts are nothing when it comes to this work because after Sister Nanney and I left church, we went out contacting and knocked into ANOTHER beautiful family!! I don't know about other missions but in Taiwan, this is a huge huge miracle. After we left their home, I was so full of love for them and for God. Sister Nanney and I said a prayer of gratitude and I could barely get the words out through my tears. God is so good to us here in xinzhuang. I don't know why I have been the recipient of so many incredible miracles and experiences.. Everytime I see that I am in Gods hands, I feel more and more that I am nothing.. as for my strength, I am weak.. but I will glory in my God because it is through his power and strength that I am able to see so many miracles.
Also, we had our trainer, trainee follow up meeting this week!! It was fun to see everyone there and feel so much love and suporrt. I am best friends with literally everyone in our mission. All the elders and all the sisters are my brothers and sisters out here. I love them more than I can explain. We had some fun as we split up as trainers and trainees. It was nice to know that everyone has the same problems as me.. haha. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks I shouldn't be training and that this is the hardest thing ever. We laughed and supported and encouraged each other. It was wonderful. We had a lot of training by President Day which is also a HUGE TREAT!! I love that man.
Also, I received a lot of personal revelation. I felt God was proud of me for the effort I have made this transfer to make our companionship work, to build an area, and to help and love my companion. I also felt that in this transfer, I have changed so so sooo much. I have become more dedicated and consecrated to the lord because the weight of everything has brought me straight to my knees. It also was awesome to see that a lot of the problems that were addressed, sister nanney and I had already worked through! We have made our companionship of two, a companionship of three. Sister Nanney, me, and God.
As we went through the training, we focused a lot on Jesus Christ and his power. If we only rely on him, then we can do all things that are asked of us..
you have heard that a million times right?well how is it done? How do you actually rely on Jesus Christ?
I have thought a lot about that and I am still learning but I realized for me, to rely on christs power is to hit the streets hard all day everyday and in every lesson give my all and focus on the spirit. It is praying a million times a day and then stepping back and listening to the still small voice. It is being HAPPY and CHEERFUL and GRATEFUL at all times, in all things and in all circumstances. As we do this, Christ power steps in, we reach out our hand and he grabs it.
I know without a doubt this is truth.
I love my savior!!
Update on investigators,
deng mama is AWESOME and the spirit is working on her.
Zhou hong wei and his wife are two of our newer investigators, This week we met with them and she just started balling. She said she loves the feeling she has as we teach her. They are working towards baptism.
Chen jia yin was a referral that we got and she has been with us almost everyday this week. She set a date for 6/27 and she is totally going to make it!! LOVE HER
Zhan xu hui.. keep praying for her! but the ward is AWESOME and is helping her so much. She could be baptized any day.
I am loving my ward and they are loving us. I am making friendships that will last forever.
I am living in a life full of miracles and I never want to leave.
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
Sister gengggg
ps. I am learning to contact in tai yu!!
LOVE THE WANG FAM!
heart attacking continues
Made a cake for sister hills one year mark!
high fives because I am a giant to them..
The inside
taipei 101
=p day fun!! TAIPEI 101






Post a Comment