Slideshow Widget

June 13th, 2015

Saturday, June 13, 2015

 I don't know where to begin about this week.. Last night during companion prayer, I just sat on my knees and cried because of the mercy and grace of God and his willingness to allow us to see miracle after miracle. 
> We have had a lot of ups and downs this week... nothing new:) hah.
> Highlights from this week.. 1. We went to Linkou to visit our beautiful Yang family.  It took us an hour to get there and 40 minutes of  it was straight up a mountain. STRAIGHT UP!! I understand know why bikers have incredible leg muscles.  Poor Sister Nanney... I always try to push her and help her see she can do hard things (who do I sound like?).  She couldn't believe that I wanted to bike to their house because everyone talks about how hard the ride is.  but the elders have done it so why couldnt I? ... I think there was some pride issues involved.. 
> anyways, as we were biking, I kept yelling behind me and trying to keep her going.  I also would pump my fist in the air and other things. I probably looked hilarious.  As we were going, she stopped and started walking.  I said "ok sister nanney we will walk to that tree. and then we are biking again." once we got to the tree, we walked some more.  
> when we got home, our roommates couldn't believe I made her bike that.  Then Sister Nanney yelled from the other room "She was so merciful! When she said we would start biking, we walked a little more!"... Everyone died laughing because she was serious.  And in side I realized that I need to not kill my poor trainee.  
> As we were going up the mountain, in the burning heat, and the super humidity, the only thing that was going through my head was the faces of those cute little kids.  I couldn't wait to see them and teach them about our savior.  once we got to them and taught them, It just made me realize how much I really do love these people.  and that we as missionaries have no way of ever understanding the road that Christ walked.  
> going up the hill, I felt like I understood a little.  Just giving all you can to help others have salvaion.  We as servants of God have the chance to give all tha we have.. our sleep, our money, our time, our desires, our  past times, home made cookies ect... to save the souls of our brothers and sisters.  I LOVE MY JOB!
> It probably sounds funny and kind of ridiculous to compare my bike ride to all of this but in alma 26 it says that when they were about to turn back, they were comforted and they were joyful because they were the means of bringing some soul unto Christ. Truth.  Everyday.  everyday my knees hit the floor again because I know that there is a chance of bringing some soul to Christ.
> 
> Ths week we taught a sweet Wong Jie |Mei.  She is 25 and her father is dying from cancer.  She doesn't understand anything about God, Christ, scriptures, ect.  She barely even knows who christ is. so teaching her has been slow.  Our first lesson, she gave us tea twice and we told her we couldn't drink it.  She asked why and I felt the need to just teach her the whole word of wisdom.  After we finished, I invited her to follow it.  
> The next time we met with her, she said "So, I stopped selling green tea an red tea and now my customers are mad at me.  What do I do?".  I was like.. what?! She then told us that she has followed the word of wisdom since we taught her and has seen mircales from it in her family.  So she decided to stop selling it too at her store.  WOW! She is an incredible example of great faith.  She doesn't know who gave this health code, what we believe in Christ, and that she can pray to God.. but she was willing to follow a commandment from God.  great great faith. I hope to become more like her. 
> 
> These past two weeks we haven't been able to meet with Deng Mama because she got a new job that makes her work everyday from 11 am to 10 pm.  I have been pouring my heart out in prayer about her and have trying calling her or texting her everyday with scriptures and with our love.  I called the assistants to see if we could do anything to meet with her, and have talked to everyone in the ward.  I have prayed harder for a miracle this week than ever before.  
Last night we met with her daughter and her daughter told us that something came up with her moms job and so she is quiting.  AND this week she is coming to church for the first time. AND she has been praying about her baptismal date and she wants to be baptized.. My mouth dropped.  I have never been so happy in my entire life.  
> In my life before, I thought I knew what true happiness was.  but when you pour your heart and soul into prayer and fasting for someone you love and then see God step in to help, the joy you experience is unbelievable... I could never explain the feelings I feel as a missionary.  Heavenly Father hears every single one of our prayers.  
This morning in my personal study, I studied miracles.  It says that when faith ceases, miracles cease.  But then I read more about faith and faith is a spiritual gift from God.  I am grateful that God has blessed Sister Nanney and I with the faith necessary to see miracles and bring Gods children unto him everyday. In Mosiah 2, it talks about being unprofitable servants.  ITS THE TRUTH.  
> The moment we think we are even getting close to expressing our gratitude for what God has given us by working effectively all day every day, or doing a little extra here and there, he just blesses us again.. and we then are unprofitable again... 
> on my bike, I find myself singing, "How great thou art".  
> And how great is the hand of the lord in the beautiful island of Taiwan.  
> Geng jie mei


the only room with air conditioning... so we all have a slumber party every night.


We biked all the way to linkou... thirty minutes of straight up hill... this is me laughing about how ridiculous the bike ride was.. \
Also this week was sister nanneys birthday!!


Post a Comment