So this week I had two language mess ups... enjoy.
1. Every time I say clams ge3li4, no one understands me. It's because I have been saying it wrong. while I was reading the scriptures and I come across circumcision.. it is ge1li4.
2.Yesterday in gospel principles class they were talking about gifts of the spirit. They asked me which one I wanted and I said the gift of tongues yu3yan2! but what they heard was the gift of prophecy yu4yan2 and wrote that on the board. When I saw the characters, I was so confused... and then everyone busted up laughing... and I just yelled "EXACTLY! see! I need help!" haha good thing my ward loves me and I have learned a lot of humility since coming out here.
This week has been really bittersweet. We had our last zone conference with President Day. I love that man so much. I will never be able to express how he has helped me through this past year. His words and teachings have brought me to better understand my Savior and better understand myself. Interviews with him have helped me to face things deep within myself and over come some of my greatest weaknesses. He and sister day will be greatly missed by Sister Geng. I am excited though for our new mission president. I feel really good about him. I am ready to learn and grow from another man of God chosen to serve among us.
This week, all of our investigators have grown so much!! I have been in so much awe this week of Gods power and the power of the spirit. DENG MAMA HAS A BAPTISMAL DATE.
Thats all I've got to say right? Gods power is real. She went from telling us not to waste our time to desiring to come unto Christ. I love that woman so much... I will send you a picture of her! She asked if I would come back to see her and I said OF COURSE!! also I invited her and her two daughters (GOOD GOOD friends of mine) to come stay with us in AZ.. keyi ma?
She told me that when we come back, she will take us all around Taiwan:)
When we met with her she said that she knows that everything in the scriptures is true and that she knows that this church is true. I teach with the scriptures a lot and whenever she has a question, I open up the Book of Mormon. so in our lesson, her daughter went to answer a question she had and she grabbed the Book of Mormon and said "where does it say that". She loves that Book and trusts what it says. The spirit has testified strongly of it to her. She uses it like a map.. what a great example she is to me. The scriptures really are a map for our lives. We should live by their words and feast daily to know what to do.
This wek we went to Linkou again! I told Sister Nanney your encouraging words once again, and I quote, "You got this Nanney! Show Linkou who is boss!" hah love you guys!...
anyways, the elders told us to bike a different way because it was "safer and better"... not true. It was just as steep but twice as long. I felt so sick with the sun beating on me and just going straight up the mountain. Pour sister nanney was red from head to toe from working so hard. I stopped and pleaded with Heavenly Father to give us some way to keep going and to help me know how to get Sister Nanney up the mountain. The moment I said amen and put my feet on the peddles, a man came by slowly on his motorcycle and said "jia you!" "jia you!" and he was waving his arms in the air and smiling at us. that lifted my heart so much. It like heavenly father sent that little chinese man just to answer my prayers. What a miracle right?
Heavenly Father allows our faith to be tested everyday no matter who we are or where we are. I read a lot about prayer and faith this week for my investigators. I know that prayer really is a way that we communicate with God! read that again.. We can communicate with God! we actually build a relationship with him. We must first have a little bit of hope that He is listening. This hope will lead us to see miracles. It is only through faith. As we bow are head to plead with our father, we are saying that we are willing and committed to act. just put your foot on the peddles!! I promise you will see miracles.
Last thing that really strengthened me this week...
Our district leader Elder Jensen has struggled so much these past two transfers. He is opening and training like me but has had no success. He works so hard and really desires to do Gods work but has a lot of struggles. And he just found out his mom has cancer and its really bad. They don't know how long it will be. I have wanted for so long to help him because, even though he is really optimistic, I can tell he is breaking inside. I am really distant with all the elders and I don't think its appropriate for me to say much. But at our zone meeting, we did an activity where everyone put their shoes in a pile and then everyone rendomly grabbed a shoe. we then had to write a note of encouragemnt and stick it in the shoe. I grabbed a beat up, elders shoe and started to write a little note. Once I started I had so many thoughts and feelings come to mind and I ended up testifying of Christs atonement and his ability to help us through anything. After we were done, president day asked everyone to read theirs. I heard a chocked up voice from the back reading my note.... it was elder Jensen. Everything I wrote was exactkly what the poor kid needed to hear. I know that God is aware of all of his children. I know that He was aware of me going up the hill to linkou and he was aware of my district leader. He loves all of his children and if we listen carefully and act on promptings, we will be instruments in his hands.
At times I have felt that I am useless and that I can't help anyone.. But God has helped me recently see that I can help others if I am partnered up with him. In this area, maybe I didn't baptize everyone or have a million new investigators. BUT as I have forgot about myself and strived to partner up with God, he has helped me see miracles.
I have a feeling I am moving this week.. and my heart breaks. I won't know until wednesday! we will see next monday where I am and what I am doing. Crazy that training Sister Nanney is over!! went by SOOO FAST! I have learned so much and have felt God shaping me.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
OH AND I SAW IRENE THIS WEEK AT THE TEMPLE!! She saw me and said "geng jie mei!! I GOT BAPTIZED!!" she carries a picture of her baptism around all the time with her:) She asked why God is so good to her and I said that I ask myself the same question everyday.
Love Sister Griffin
Sorry this is all over the place. LOVE YOU




Post a Comment