Hello from Taiwan!
I loved your emails! You are going to lake powell? have fun!! There are some days that I would give anything to jump into a lake. ITS SO HOT AND HUMID.
But I can honestly say that I would not trade this time for anything.
This week, Sister Nanney moved and I got sweet Sister Johnson as a companion (pictures to come).
She has been in Taiwan for three months and just finished training. Our personalities are so similar and we have laughed and smiled a lot these past few days. Also she has great ideas foir contacting and for missionary work in general. Even though I am "an old missionary" I am always up for a new perspective and a better way to do things. If we are humble and teachable, God allows us to become the missionary he wants us to be.
This transfer is going to be a tender mercy for me. I haven't had a normal transfer my whole mission. Its all been very hard and stressful. But this transfer I am in an area that I got up and running, I have great investigators and a great companion. I am so incredibly grateful for God giving me this.
This week as I was at the transfer meeting I was able to receive lots of personal revelation as I watched incredible missionaries and an incredible mission president give their final testimonies. Watching my momma head home was one of the craziest things. I remember that when she trained me she was way younger than I am right now... When I realized that, my heart sunk down into my stomach. Everyday of my mission I have strived to give my all and work as hard as I could. To be exactly obedient and be the best I could.
As I watched some of the best this week say goodbye, two things hit me...
1. I need to be the woman that God wants me to be. Its not about Sister Griffin and what Sister Griffin wants. Its about what God wants me to work on. what God wants me to change. As I make goals I need God there and prayerfully ask what he wants me to do today, this week and the next 6 months. Time is flying by too fast. I cry thinking about it.
2. I just need to smile and let go of all the dumb stuff. shi zhe yang.
:)
I also encourage all that read this to do the same. Allow God to shape you into who HE wants you to be. and SMILE AND LET ALL THE DUMB STUFF GO! time goes wayyyyyyyy ttotoooooooooo faassssstttttttttttttt.
Every day on the street, my testifying has more power, I am bolder, and I better understand my purpose and who I represent. Everything I do has a deeper meaning.
Yesterday in church, I was praying during the sacrament and the deacons skipped me to give me the bread. After I realized what happened, I waved my hand in the air to get the bishops attention. the bishop saw but by the time he was going to do something, they had already started the prayer for the water. As I sat there, my heart was so heavy. I couldnt keep tears from coming to my eyes thinking that I missed the chance to take the bread. I realized at that time the importance and power of the sacrament. I prayed fervently and thanked God for the mercy and grace of his son and for the atonement. The sacrament is not something that we should take lightly. We should never just take the bread and go back to looking at our phone or not think about the savior. If we do that, we might not be taking it at all.
After sacrament meeting, the young mens president took me into the other room and knelt and broke and blessed bread for me to take. It was a very reverant and sacred moment for me. I know that Christ is the savior of the world and I am incredibly grateful that every week, I can remember his body and blood that was sacrificed for me.
I know without a doubt that this church is true. I know that I really do represent the Savior and that this is his true gospel.
I hope you all know how loved you are. Logan, Jake, and Jaxon... God loves you more than you know. You will one day be in my spot and understand.
I am sorry this is a little short. Everything that happen to me this week was very personal and internal. I just testify that this is the work of God.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!





Post a Comment