Slideshow Widget

July 12th, 2015

Sunday, July 12, 2015

I just cried through everyone of your emails... 

I can't tell you how much it meant to ME that you went to Sister Smiths homecoming.  She influenced my whole mission and my whole life.  She is one of the very best friends I have and I am forever grateful for her example and great love.  I can't explain how much she has helped me.  I love that you got to hear her speak! Everything she said is TRUE. Taiwan is an incredible place with incredible people.  I am little scared thinking that one day i will have to just talk about it and not live it anymore.  I have tried this week to soak in and love EVERY SECOND this week.  I have alwayss done that but especially this week since a big marker hit me this week.  
Sister Johnson and I have buckled down and had an incredible week to celebrate a year of serving the Taiwanese people.  It consisted of stinky tofu, getting food off of sketchy stands at a day market and eatting at a park in the heat and humidity while sharing the gospel with some old amahs.  BEST YEAR CELEBRATION EVER.
I have been humbled so much this week.  I dont think a day goes by where I don't feel completely inadequate and completely unworthy of all the blessings God showers upon my head and the land of formosa.  
We had a "meet the jergensens" day this week and he talked about being bold and always sharing the gospel.  That is my goal for the last 6 months.  Being bold and inviting ALL, EVERYWHERE to enter into the waters of baptism and come unto their savior.  I have never been a more bolder contacter.  I believe that every single soul is precious and if I am not bold, then they will not have an opportunity to partake of the happy sounds of this gospel.  It has been a week of awesome miracles. 
I love mission life.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.  
However, mission life also has its hard points.  One day this week was a little harder for me.  We met with Deng mama and she wasn't doing well.  She denyed every feeling and thought she has had and she closed her heart.  It was hard to watch.  All I wanted to do was cry as I watched her quit and give into satans snares.  I know that she knows the truth.  I know she has felt of the power and mercy and grace of God and that the spirit has testified to her.  But this week, this woman that I love with all my heart decided that she didn't want it.  
God allows us to love his children and with that love, also comes sorrow when they choose not to follow Him.  I can't imagine what Heavenly Father feels when we disobey him and go against what we know.  At the end, I knew there was nothing I could do.  I bore my testimony and told her that I loved her.  As the words came out, I knew that I KNOW that this is true.  and becvause it is true, I know that she needs it.  She will come back someday when she remembers the sweet feeling of the spirit and Gods power.  She is in the hands of our father. 
This week, we also had a TYPHOON!
We got a call during personal study that we couldnt go outside all day.... then we got a call at lunch sayingt hat we could go out.  Five minutes later, an announcement came out to the whole city over a micerphone that school and work was all canceled and that no one should go outside because the Typhoon was going to be so big... im sure you can see my dilemma.  haha.  BUT we followed our leaders and headed out.  All I can say is I was drenched, the wind made it impossible to bike, and EVERY canceled their lessons with us.  I finally called some members and investigators and pretty much begged them to meet with us. hah.  It turned out that they all needed us and we had some great experiences. Heavenly Father really provides for us.  
But aside from the spiritual and physical wind of this week (Helaman 5:12)...
MY SWEET YANG BOYS GOT BAPTIZED!!!!
It has been such a treat to teach such an incredible family.  zhun wei and chuan bo were baptized this past saturday.  Their sister when she is 8 will also be baptized.  Mom is a member that has been less active for 10 years.  I was so gan dong watching them in their white outfits preparing to step into the waters of baptism.  They rock paper scissored it right before steping into the water :).  I always wondered if they understood anything I said and if they cared but after they were baptized, chuan bo got up and said " I am so grateful I am clean and I will always follow the word of wisdom and the law of chastity" and zhun wei said " I am grateful all my sins are gone and that I can now share this gospel will others." It was such  pure and beautiful testimony that pierced the heart of everyone in the audience.  I love being a missionary and watching Gods sweet little children find their way back to him.  I also love feeling the love of this family.  After the baptism, I invited yang baba to listen to the lessons and be baptized like his sons.  He said no... but I know that the example of his family will help him find his way.  The gospel is true.. and God LOVES TAIWAN.  
I love Taiwan too. 
I will never be able to explain the incredible things I see and feel everyday. 
I feel completely inadequate..  But I am grateful that through christ I can do this and I can see miracles. 
geng jie mei

MRT Fun

MRT

I have been out 1 year

Trying stinky tofu  YUCK!

baptism




Post a Comment