qin ai de jia ting, (Griffin Family)
I loved all of your emails... I love that all of you are having a great summer full of fun fun fun!
I can't believe how much you can fit into two months. Also, I have the best looking family in the whole world! JAKE YOU ARE SO GROWN UP!! also Jaxon is the same size as sister smith.. weird. haha. She shared a lot of my mission with me. I turned to her with everything and really relied on her as my friend. I think its so awesome that you get to hear about my mission stories before I get home. Thats also cool that you went to Sister Wilhelms homecoming. She was in my zone for a while and she trained when I was trained. WEIRD.
This week we have had HIGH HIGHS and very low lows. There were times when Sister Johnson and I just looked at each other and said "what do we do....". We have had a lot of very hard moments of just trying to make it through the day. But Heavenly Father always blessed us with a miracle and with tender mercies.
This week we had some harsh lessons and faced harsh rejection. But we have also had tender moments that reminded us of our calling as Christs representatives.
For example, this morning, we were coming back from our run and we found our security lady in tears at her desk. Turns out her mom is really sick and she might not make it. I knelt down next to her chair in my sweaty clothes and talked to her about Gods plan of Salvation and taught her about prayer while Sister Pierson was on the other side of her with her arm around her. Even though it wasn't proselyting hours and even though I was in sweaty work out clothes, my tag was there. I feel that that tag has finally been written my heart. I feel so strongly of the truthfulness of what I teach everytime I open my mouth. It was cool today to teach her about the priesthood and ask if she would like a blessing from Gods representatives. How powerful is that? On the earth, we have Gods power to do his work. I know and testify of the truthfulness of our message and that through the priesthood, we are able to have eternal families and receive help and guidance every day.
This week I studied about trials and humility.
I was brought to the book of mosiah several times and I'd like to just share some of the thoughts and things I found with you all. I know that everyone has trials and worries so I hope that this will be able to help one of you.
As I was studying, I wondered why it is that the righteous have to suffer. I didn't understand why the righteous people in mosiah 21 or mosiah 24 had to go through so many difficult things. Because we are promised that as we follow the commandments of God, then we will be blessed both temporally and spiritually and we will be in a happy state. I found that it is because through our trials, we come to know God. God takes his followers and refines them into something even better. Our trials are a way of God showing is love for us because he seeing what we can become. If he didn't love us, he wouldn't have us suffer like this. He gave us opposition and agency so that we could learn and grow and become more like him. We are to rely on him, have faith, and be humble and we will recive greater blessings than wecan ever imagine. And THE BEST PART is that we are NEVER alone. Gods will not just take away our trials at the moment it starts to get hard. Instead, he will allow us to feel comfort and better understand what it means to be in his hands. I have testified this principle to many people this week as I have seen many many people struggle and be beaten down.
The sisters in my apartment have gone through so much this past week. I have moved from one sister to another trying to help and encourage and love them. I know that my efforts simply are not enough. I have seen God work miracles of healing and love in the lives of my dear sisters and the people of my area.
I am so blessed to have sitser Johnson as my companion. She is an incredible missionary. and she is helping me to be better. She has helped me so much to have a better outlook on things that go wrong. I am getting a lot better at saying "mei you guanxi" :)
We did a tsunami in the other sisters area this week! That means everyone from our zone goes into an area one day and contacts all day long to try and find them new investigators and kick an area that is dying. Sister Johnson and I fasted the day beforew that we would be able to help them and we saw MIRACLES!! the moment we got to their area, a woman came up to us and asked if we were christian and if we could talk to her about Christ for a minute. She then gave us a million referrals! In Taiwan, people run in the opposite direction when they see you, they dont come up to you! Also even though we were in their area this week for a while, we were still able to have a great week in our area. We really are just all in Gods hands. This is his work and i would be dumb thinking that I had any part of it.
We are seeing miracles! I have prayed and fasted that we could have a baptism on august 1 and one of our investigators lin shuang came to yang families baptism and asked if she could get baptized on august 1!! We will be working hard to help her this week get prepared.
I love TAIWAN!!!! I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE IT.
I think I say the same things every week but I just am really grateful I am here. I am different. I can't imagine what my life would be like without this incredible experience.
I love representing my savior.
I love the beautiful people and the relationships I have.
I love crying and sweating... and boy am I good at both of those.
Sister geng
Taiwan streets.
Nefei, yage, and ai meng. They are my favorite little family. nefei hangs on me all day, everyday. She has autism and is the sweetest little thing. Her singing in church is the best. she belts it and then stares at me the rest of the time. I cross my eyes and make faces at her. She has the best smile.




Post a Comment