Slideshow Widget

July 28th, 2015

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Zao!

This morning, I get to go to the temple!! I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited.  I am grateful for the temple and for the blessings.  What a blessing it is for the Taiwanese people to have a temple here.  
I LOVE TAIWAN! 
I have just been incredibly grateful for the opportunity to serve in such a wonderful place among beautiful people.  Taiwan has been blessed with lots of thunderstorms this week and lots of miracles. We have been pleading with Heavenly Father to help us find people who will listen to us.  Being ignored or rejected over and over on the street is hard for me.  The longer I have been on a mission, the harder it is for me to face rejection because I understand more and more the power and importance of this message.  I have faith though that God has a plan for all of his children and they will have a chance one day! But I am also really grateful for the opportunity to face rejection because as I do, I rely more and more on God and I see his hand more and more.  As we were out finding this week or out going to appointments, I just prayed that God would tell me when to stop and talk to the people on the street.  I prayed that he would open my eyes to know who was prepared so I wouldn't miss them.  AND HE DID! As we were walking, I wouldn't have a huge feeling or anything but just a thought that I should stop.  As we stopped, they would listen! That day we got several lessons and new investigators. It reminded me the power of doing Gods work WITH Him and just really how small and quiet the spirits voice is.  At times as a missionary, I wonder, "am I feeling the spirit any more?" or "Is God realy guiding me?" When I first started mission I could feel the power of the spirit every single day and in every single lesson but as I have gone on, the feeling has become normal and sometimes I wonder.  But I know that God directs every lesson, every contact, and every minute of my day.... IF I let Him. The spirit is like a ring.  We feel it when we first put it on and often look at it because to us, it is nice and beautiful and new.  But after time, we get used to it and forget that we have it.  But when it leaves, we feel weird.  I know that because we are confirmed members of the church, we are able to have the spirit everyday!! WHAT A BLESSING!
This week, several funny/awkward/and embarrassing things happened... what else is new right?
So we had a lesson with Lin Shuang last week and we had to teach a lot of the commandments in order for her to get baptized this week.  So Sister Johnson and I role played and role played and had an awesome lesson plan and it went PERFECT! we taught all but two of the commandments in less than 45 minutes with no problem.  We were able to resolve concerns and everything!! well...
we were running home because we only had like five minutes and didn't have our bikes.  I was wearing a skirt that is a little big on me but I wear a belt with.  As we were running from the church, We crossed the street and (because of my happiness) i jumped up into the air... my belt came up... my skirt came down.  IN THE STREET!!! At that moment I had no idea what to do.... I just picked it up and kept running... sister Johnson and I were crying laughing all the way home.  Its ok.  I need to laugh sometimes. When things go wrong, just remember... Sister Griffin flashed all of Taiwan.

As for our investigators, they are all dying off for the most part.
BUT we have a couple that are really progressing! Wong jie mei is keeping all the commandments and stopped selling tea at her store because of the word of wisdom.
Lin Shuang will hopefully be baptized this saturday!
And then we found some incredible people this week. Sister Johnson and I have been used this week to help a lot of Heavenly Fathers struggling children.  We have come to many people on the street this week who have just burst into tears because of weight of sins and hard trials.  It has been a blessing to be able to stand as a representative of Jesus Christ and testify of Gods endless love and mercy. Even if they dont want to meet with us again, I feel that my job is complete. 
I read Mattew 6:21 this week "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
I am beginning to understand more and more what that means the long I am here.  Is my treasure in regognition or in the numbers? or is it in my love of God and his children. 
I love my mission.  This week I got a "death call".  Which means I got my date to come home.  I will be sent home before January 1.  The area presidency is still deciding on the date because its a weird transfer.  but It will probably be before january.  My clock is ticking and I am excited to see what things God will help me see and experience these last 5 months.
I love you all!!
I got your package and ate most of the cookies.... three week old cookies:) haha Thank you so much for them! 
Sister Geng!

Lots and Lots of rain

Look at the size of that snail

At the Temple


At the Temple



Post a Comment