Slideshow Widget

July 5th, 2015

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Hello from the beautiful island of Taiwan!

I know that you all think you are blessed at Lake Powell but really, im the luckiest one in this family :)
I have been very overwhelmed this week with a million different feelings... lots of tears of pure xile! (joy)
I have seen Heavenly Fathers merciful hand everyday.  There is no way to express my love for my savior, Taiwan, and the time I get to spend here. 
Almost every time I kneel down to pray, I find tears coming to my eyes.  God is so merciful and his grace is sufficient.  I will hit my year mark this week and my heart is heavy thinking that I ever have to leave. 
God has given me opportunities to learn SO SO SO MUCH this week. We had investigators really struggle this week.. I watched some of my qin ai de ren really struggle and have to deal with Satans influence.  It broke my heart to see their spirit struggle and them to begin to doubt.  I want more than anything for all of Gods children to make it to him.  I want them to all feel of his love and his grace and the power of Christ.  So to watch people be weighed down and doubt so much, it breaks my heart.  On a mission God, allows us to experience true love.  
It is crying when someone says they dont need this.  It is holding someone whos mom is dying,  It is teaching prayer to a person who feels so alone and lost and useless.  This is TRUE love.  Being on the streets here, I start to understand a little bit of the love God has for us.  
We have been able to learn a little of what our father feels for us. 
On the street, we were rejected all day, everyday this week.  I did everything i could.  I bore pure and bold testimony, I pleaded with God to know where we should go and what we should say, and we didnt waste anytime.  But all we faced was a lot of rejection.  
W\You know what I have learned this week?  True hope and real faith. 
I am so grateful that I am in a place where I face lots of rejection.  I am grateful that I am in a place where I have to plead on my knees to get baptisms and to know how to do Gods work.  I am grateful that God has given me this chance to learn what it means to allow  your will to be swallowed up by the will of the Father.  
Sister Johnson and I ahve learned so much about that this week and we have been rocks for eachother.  She is an incredible companion and missionary.  I am SOOO BLESSED. 
We have made it through this week with what we call "swugs"... very sweaty hugs.  It is hot hot hot here and humid humid humid.  We eat lots of cua bings, pray nonstop, and give each other swugs to make it through :) ha.  Its the best! 
heres a major miracle from this week..
We went to lin kou (sister johnsons first time... she hated it...  Im beginning to think I am the only person who appreciates it.. ;).. )
when we got there, the wind was insane! and the blue sky was turning black sooo fast.  When we met with our investigator it started dumping rain.  I was so nervous.  because going down that hill in dumping rain would be the most dangerous thing in the whole world.  So I prayed and prayed and prayed that heavenly father would stop the rain so we could get home.  
When we got on our bikes, it was still raining a little but not as bad.  As we make our way through the city it stopped! and when we got to the hill to go down, the road wasnt even wet!  we made it al;l the way home and the moment we pulled our bikes up to the house, it started dumping rain again.  None of this story was exaggerated.  It is all true.  I know that God is a God of miracles and he hears every single one of my prayers.  as I was walking in to the house that night, I was in awe of Gods power that we were able to see it.  He is the same God that split the red sea.  if we have faith he will hear our prayers and help us.  

We met president Jergenson  and his family yesterday! I LOVE THEM!!!!!  Sister jergenson is the cutest woman in the world and as they spoke at a fireside last night, you could just see the love they had for us and the people of taiwan.  Cute sister jergenson even bore her testimony in chinese.  As I saw them, I knew without a doubt that they were called of God.

Last thing.  I want you all to read John 15.  I learned so much this week from that chapter.  I know t\without a doubt that we are nothing without christ.  I am nothing without his mercy and grace and power.  I am nothing without his love.  I do all that I do everyday because I love Him and because I know that through him, I can be purged and bring forth fruit.  
"continue ye in [His] love"
Because I will.  I will everyday continue in His perfect love.  
Love you!! also, my cute little family is getting baptized this week!! pray for them! Yang family! 
Sister Geng

Post a Comment