I loved hearing about your first week at school! How exciting! You all are so old. And super shuai!
I got a little make over this week too! I got my hair cut and a really awesome sunburn. TAI YANG HEN DA! The sun is painfully huge here and it burns you to a crisp. DOn't worry. I have pictures.
This week we spent almost everyday in Taipei for one meeting after another. We had temple tour training which was a great opportunity to be with all the sisters in our mission and to learn and grow from one another. We also had temple tours! We saw saw miracles all day!! People just kept walking in and asking aout our church. We even had a family from China come in and ask if they could learn more. I always feel so grateful when I meet someone from China because the gospel isn't there yet. We have the opportunity to bring them one by one unto Jesus Christ. When china opens, the whole country is going to accept. They are starving for the gospel. We invited them the daughter to be baptized and she said that she would find a way to do it.
This week we also had our english party!! It was Fourth of July themed.. I know we are a little late.. We played games and made a ton of food. Sister Johnson and I were over the pancakes. I made pancakes from an hour straight. needless to say, I was the favorite missionary at the party. ha. They were like "What is this?!" and they had no idea what syrup was. They now understand why Americans are so fat. Our english class is THE BEST! It is the greatest finding tool ever.
Usually everyone that rejects us on the street are interested in a free english class, they come, realize missionaries aren't crazy and they feel the spirit, and then they accept!!
Except for yesterday... Sister Johnson and I had no time to find yesterday because we had interviews with President Jergensen. We only had thirty minutes and I prayed the whole way back to our area that God would place the prepared into our path. We parked our bikes and the moment I got my helmet off, I started talking to a girl and she completely accepted! We had a lesson with her right there and she said shed like to meet with us again. After she left, sister Johnson and I said a prayer of gratitude and the moment we opened our eyes, we started talking to another girl that was passing us. Sister Johnson gave her a tract from English class and she was like "uhh.. do you teach about christ? Id really like to learn more." WHAT!! NO ONE SAYS THAT IN TAIWAN.. EVER. They all say bu yong, xie xie xie xie xie xie. She then asked "can I ma fan you and set up a time to meet with you?" Heavenly Father literally placed the most prepared people into our path that hour. I know that he wants such to be successful and help his children even more than we want to. If we go out and do our best then we are blessed.
We also had people say "Id like a fresh start" and "I really need an emotional support".. great. Want to be baptized? They all accepted. Heavenly Father is giving us the most prepared people in Taiwan.
We had moving calls this week and as you can tell, I didn't move. This will make it 6 months in xinzhuang. To be honest, I was so confused. I was even disappointed and had no idea what Heavenly Father wanted me to do here another transfer. I have spent a lot of time on my knees and fasting trying to figure out what my purpose is because every other transfer I have always had a ton of purpose. I was opening, white washing, training, helping a struggling missionary, breaking, ect. this is the first transfer where I felt like I have no purpose.
But while I was searchiung this week for an answer, it came and smacked me in the face. Our apartment fell apart this week. every sister, aside from me, had serious trials and emotional break downs. I have spent lots of time this week wiping away tears and listening this week. I have never seen sisters struggle so much. This morning during studies President Jorgensen called and asked to talk with me.
He told me how he just wanted to tell me what he thought of me as a missionary and that I am one that will help many other missionaries. He said that I am in xinzhuang to help and lift, teach, and inspire people who are really struggling. He asked me to stand out and be a shining light to others.
Sometimes Our callings or our roles seem small to us or insignificant, but I know now that I have purpose and God knows exactly what he is doing.
Sister Johnson and I are excited for another transfer together!! I LOVE HER! she is one of my best friends and we work hard together. We are making big goals and work hard everyday to get there. and the best part is she reminds me to have fun and laugh which is the greatest blessing.
Heres to starting my third to last transfer!!
TIME IS FLYING and it is scary. But President Jergensen also made me feel better about that too. I am excited for everyday and excited to continue to help Gods precious children.
Love you all so much!
Sister Griffin




Post a Comment