Slideshow Widget

August 30th, 2015

Sunday, August 30, 2015


In yuanyi jie shou xili ma? 

This has been the line that I have used over and over and over again this week and I HAVE SEEN SO MANY MIRACLES!
This week was really an incredible week and so many things happened.  
It started with me leaving email and someone was yelling at me form the other side of the street and I hit a parked car. 
Its ok the car was fine and every missionary I was with was flopped over their bikes crying laughing. 
No matter how long I am here.... don't worry, I am still Shayna Griffin.  Nothing too big has changed.
On tuesday Sister Johnson and I were at the temple doing temple tours so we attended a different districts district meeting. It was incredible training about baptism. which was perfect because on monday and tuesday morning I had studied baptism and studied the incredible blessings of it more fully and deeply.  In the district meeting, they invited us to invite in every single contact to baptism.  
Lets back up and say that these people have never heard the word "baptism" before and most don't even know that there is a God.  and if they do, its in the form of Buddha.  
But everyday it hits me more and more the power of what we do as missionaries.  We help people enter the celestial kingdom! If I do not invite then I am not allowing them to partake of that incredible, eternal blessing.  
So I studied more about it on wednesday and then hit the streets.  I invited every single person who would stop to baptism.  And THEY ALL SAID YES!! EVERY SINGLE PERSON SINCE LAST WEDNESDAY HAS SAID YES TO BAPTISM!!
I have invited on the street before when I felt like they were ready but never like this.  I realized that when I understood the power of it, I was better able to explain it to others and allow the spirit to tell them it was true.  Taiwan is so prepared.  They are searching for truth.  Their spirits are starved of it.  As I have this name badge on, I have the opportunity to with authority and power testify of the truth and invite others to come unto their savior.  What an incredible blessing.  
When I come back to taiwan, I cant just walk around and invite people to be baptized.  I could! butttt I would have to tell the missionaries and they would have to do it again for it to mean anything. I dont think anyone understands the full power of this calling.

From that we have found incredible new investigators and people are really coming unto their Savior.  I feel like october will be a month full of baptisms here in xinzhuang.  God is really providing for us here and directing us to what we need to do.

I have also had a lot of responsibility in my apartment this week.  The sisters are really struggling.  President Jeregensen and our Sister Training leaders have called me this week asking me to help.  I am trying my best but sometimes I feel like I am not enough.  I just don't know what to say to help but I know that this is why God has me still in xinzhuang.  These sisters really rely on me to help them and I feel like God has prepared me to do this.  In my patrirachal blessing it talks about stuff like this.  I feel like this is my calling.  to be a servant among His children and especially his daughters.  
It has brought me to my knees a lot and has taught me that God loves ALL of his children...including his missionaries.  
I feel that God has sent me to wipe tears and share his love.  And while I do it, I feel his love for me.  I am so grateful for this time.  
On a lighter note... 

This week I ate rotten eggs that took a blow to my stomach.  being in Taiwan has made me not afraid of food.. most times I look at it and the only thought that i have is "will it kill me?... no? ok lets eat it" haha that didn't work this week.  

This week we were also given 1000 kuai by a random man on the street and told us he wanted to buy us dinner.

I got spit on my Taiwanese Albert Einstein. 

And we had a family home evening with our ward and us missionaries acted and sang and pretty much were super stars.  The ward here LOVES their missionaries. 
They sent off a sister this week! I have become very close with her as I have been here.  She will be powerful in Canada! As she gave her farewell talk I cried and cried and cried.  
When I spoke at my farewell, I had NO IDEA what i was getting into. I had NO IDEA the struggles I would face or how tired my body, mind, and spirit would be.  and I had absolutely no idea what miracles I would see.  no idea how much I really would see the hand of God. I had no idea that I would actually be a part in saving souls. 
I can never explain what I have experienced these past 14 months.  
This is the greatest blessing that God has ever given to me.  To be able to serve among his children in Taiwan.  
Love Sister Griffin. 

Taiwan Taipei mission problems
1. Mandarin chinese ...  Just when you think that you are getting it under control.. NOPE!
2. you are always wet.  with or without the poncho.  you choose sweat or rain.  ITS THE BEST! :)





Post a Comment