A 70 year old man in our ward came to church yesterday with a new wig for his bald head. He shook my hand and said "I think I am falling in love with you."
I just thought I'd start my letter with that to shake things up a bit.
It was so good to hear from you all. This week has been full of miracles. Because of my sickness I have been held back a lot and it has been frustrating but I have spent long moments on my knees pleading that it will go away so I can work the last bit of my mission and I won't be held down for the next three months. As I have turned to my Father I have felt strength and his healing power.
Aside from having to go slow and being in bed some days, we had so many incredible moments and we had double the lessons than we usually have. DOUBLE. We gave every moment to the lord and pleaded every moment for his help. His hand was shown to us in many instances .
I know that this has been a chance for me to grow closer to the spirit and closer to my Father in Heaven as well as my Savior.
This week we had exchanges and I was really struggling with leading us around and contacting because I didn't feel well. I felt like I couldn't do anything but pray over and over again. I was positive that I wasn't helping anyone because I couldnt move fast and as I opened my mouth to speak, my thoughts were smushed together. I felt like I couldn't do anything right. But as we biked to our last two appointments, I looked up at the sky and thought of the blessings God has given me. I thought and prayed and thanked him for them all and even for this chance to be sick.
The last two appointments were a scripture class and an investigator. The investigator couldn't meet but Sister Vantonder (our STL) had served here before so she was excited to meet with some members who attended scripture class. So we asked two to stay behind but as we walked into the other room, four other people followed. we didn't really know what to do. haha the members here and I have an awesome relationship so they wanted to meet with us too! Sister Vantonder and I had no idea what to share so we said a quick prayer together and decided we would listen to the spirit. As I knelt down to say the opening prayer, I was so over whelmed with gratitude and the love of God. I could barely get the words out. After the prayer, we all sat there for a moment and Brother Lu asked how I feel so strongly like that. I thought for a moment and asked them to think about a time where they knew for sure that God loved them and how it felt. The spirit poured into the room as they went around and talked about their experinces. We talked about the power of the spirit and Gods love for each one of us. That was one of the highlights of my mission. I will never forget the feelings I had there in that room.
The rest of the week I havee studied Gods love and the spirit and strived to use those two tools in all our lessons. With that we have been able to find out the obstacles that all our investigators have and have been led to know how to help them progress. I have never had so many progressing investigators at one time in my mission before. They are God precious children and he is helping us to know what to do to help them come unto him.
We are striving to help Zhan Xu Hui be baptized. She is struggling so much in her life right now and she feels that she cannot be baptized. She has such great faith but none in herself. please pray for her. I know she needs baptism but she just is hitting some trials right now.
We have been faced with a big mountain to climb as we have faced the two areas. But we just went out everyday and did the work of the Lord. We talked to everyone and at every moment preached and taught. With the obstacles of having to travel between areas and me being sick, it was no problem because we had the lord on our side. People came to us!!
I know without a doubt that God is alwasy by myside. I need not fear.
Iwas reading a scripture out loud to a member family last night. The one in 3 nephi when Christ says to be perfect even as he and our Heavenly Father are perfect. In Chinese the translation is whole. Be whole even as he and our father and heaven are whole.
I am being made whole with the help and power of my savior Jesus Christ. His power is how we are made whole.
I love this work and I love the spirit. It truly is the greatest tool that God has given us, his children.
I love you all very much and I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!
Sister Geng
bananas at the church!
I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!!
my kiddos! I taught them how to make cookies so they would be calm. thank you for the mixes mom!! you saved my life. haha
pictures sent from my member of this weeks english class and other things. enjoy!!
Dinosaur faces








Post a Comment