Slideshow Widget

September 28th, 2015

Monday, September 28, 2015

Ni Hao,

As I was biking through the Typhoon to get to the internet cafe I was thinking about the large and small plates of Nephi. I thought about how we really have no idea what happened because writing all that down had to have been pretty hard.  I thought about my journal and how that is the small plates of my mission and my emails are like... nothing. haha 
There is no way that I could possibly explain all the great things that happened this week. I have seen and felt and learned more than I can explain in words.  let alone in the short time I have with the computer.  But I will share some experiences that will hopefully help you understand.

This past week we had the opportunity to go do temple tours again! I wasnt very excited at first because it was last minute and we didnt have anyone set up to do tours. So we would just find around the temple all day inviting people to come in to do tours.
As we went in though, we decided we would just trust God and have a prayer in our heart that he would provide and that this was his plan.  We did not spend one minute out finding.  People came in one at a time all day long wanting tours.  We found one woman who was just sitting on the couch.  We started talking to her and found out that she has MS and has had a terrible life. She had been betrayed by her family for money, beaten by terrible men, and now she is dying from this disease.  She came to the church because two years ago she had met with missionaries and she was reading through her journal the night before and saw something about baptism that the missionaries had said.  She said she felt something as she read that and then promised God that she would be baptized. She realized that she needed his help. So she came to the chapel to wait and see what God wanted her to do.  And we showed up.  
We talked to her about christ and showed Because of Him with her.  As I sat there, I just looked into her eyes and prayed that God would help me to know what to say to his precious daughter who had been through so much.  I felt something warm and heavy in my chest as I bore testimony to her and invited her to be baptized.  She will be baptized on November 7th.  
After that lesson, I couldnt hold back tears.  We went into a classroom and knelt down to say a prayer of gratitude. 
I am so grateful that I have been the tool that God has used on so many occasions to help his children.  Sister Johnson and I (sister akita was at the bu) then talked about how merciful god is and how blessed we are to do his work.  I thought about all the people on my misson who I have"helped".  I say "helped" in quotations because I am realizing more and more that this is NOT ME. Missionaries dont do  ANYTHING.  I am nothing in the big scheme of things. My power or strength or talents are in no way enough to do any of the miracles that I have seen or been apart of.  I havent helped a lot of people.  But I have seen God help a lot of people. I have seen my savior heal so many people.  Especially in Xinzhuang.   Yesterday at church they asked me to speak and as I looked out, I saw the faces of every single member.  I have been able to see God work in almost every single one of their lives and I felt the love that we have for each other and the love that God has for both me and them.  
It has been a blessing to serve here among his children and have a front row ticket to see his miracles.  
However, I found out some big things this week about xinzhunag.  President Jergensen called us and told us that he is white washing us sisters out of xinzhuang and all elders are coming in starting next week.   We were all pretty sure I was going to move but Sister Johnson and Sister Akita were shocked.  This weekend we have tried to prepare all our investigators to be moved over to elders.  Its been hard to explain the situation and understand it ourselves because we have at least four investigators getting baptized within the coming weeks.  Heavenly Father has blessed us with so many prepared people and has helped us see so many miracles.  There are so many people here that I love beyond explaining and the thought of leaving them hurts. Especially when I dont know who will be here to take care of them.  But it all comes down to trusting the Lord. I am just a small piece of his work.   Heavenly Father and I and sister Johnson have found and taught and prepared these people for baptism... now the elders will just come in and finish them up and take them to the water.  
I couldnt be happier for these incredible people:
Wang Zheng Ren
Lin Zi Yu
Cai Jie Mei
Chen Jia Yin
Zhan Xu Hui.
These names I will never forget.  They are Gods precious children whom he has prepared and brought to his fold. 
This week we also had some fun things!!
It was the mid autumn festival!! Its bigger than the fourth of July.  Everyone has a BBQ going for three days straight and there are fireworks going off every time of the day. These peoples holidays are all about food.. 
I have never eaten so many moon cakes and pineapple cakes in my life.  I also have never been given more food in my life.  
We had a ward BBQ and were invited to our investigators BBQ right after one another. I havent eaten a bunch because of being sick but i sure made up for it this weekend.  
I love Taiwan.  
I am so excited to give my all the rest of this week in xinzhunag and then start my second to last transfer in my new area. I love the Lord and his work. 
In chinese gospel means happy sounds.. Why is the sound so happy? its because its the sounds of Christ. 
President Hinkley once said that as week plead with the lord on our knees daily then we will have a new power and desire to do the work. Our words and actions become his and thats why it is so powerful. 
I love Taiwan and I love this opportunity.
Have a great week! Love you all.
Sister Griffin. 
ps. a little boy (5 years old) told me he wanted to marry me this week.  His mom said that I was too old for him and his twin sister asked if I would wait for him... :) I am gettig all the boys attention here lately.  Old men and five year olds.  I told him we will see if Im married when he gets back from his mission.  


mid autumn festival celebration with the ward! There is a story about a bunny on the moon... Translating it back into english makes it sound weird.

chen xiang yi. our sweet reactivated member

Post a Comment