My dearest family,
I loved your emails this week and just want to appologize for the lack of response these past few weeks. I have had to write more to my mission president and have spent extra time reading all your letters and others. Sometimes emailing is stressful (actually everytime hah) so please just know that I love you all and I promise to be better!!
This week I saw what is called "chi shou dao di" in action! and it was AWESOME!! We as missionaries are in charge of helping others receive the restored gospel of jesus christ through faith, repentence, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST endure to the end!! I have never been in an area long enough to help my RC's do that but now I can :)
This week, we had the chance to go with Lin Shunag to the temple and watch her do baptisms for the dead. President Jergensen has made it open to all missionaries to go to the temple with our recent converts and help them through the temple experience. It was wonderful to see her all in white and in the temple! I can't explain the happiness I felt.
Getting there was a whole differenmt story.
She was late to meet us and then we lost her in the MRT.. and then on the MRT she realized that she forgot her temple recommend.. haha we all were a litle stressed out. But when we got there, the moment we walked through the doors, we all were at peace. Its incredible the difference of those two worlds. the one that we live in and the one inside the temple. We had time to just sit in the lobby and look at the pictures while we waited for the temple president to call our bishop. But as we did it really helped us remember the sacredness of the temple and I had time to talk to sister lin about the temple.
Lin Shuang is funny. She could possibly be the funniest person I have ever met. not becuase she means to but just because she is. She kept slipping in the baptismal font and she was like a board when she was being baptized. the man baptising her had to use all of his strength to pull her up and she was baptized 10 times. hah. I love that little lady.
On the MRT ride back I asked her how she felt in the temple and she sad "I kept slipping all over the place!" hah. She said that about ten times and I was like how did your heart feel? and she said "oh... It felt so warm and at peace." and she gave the sweetest smile. She asked when she could go back.
While we were in the temple, I also Saw my RC from Neihu!! Li Ming Yen! He goes every week. Also yesterday at the new convert fireside, he spoke about the importance of the temple. When I saw him and lin shuang in the temple, I cried. This is what it is about. It is about helping people their whole life to come unto Christ. I was honored that I was able to be a small part of these peoples conversions. I remember the first time I met them. I had no idea that I would one day see them in white in the house of God.
I LOVE misisonary work and I tell you all that every single week. But everytime I email, that is all I can think of.
I love learning and growing and progressing and coming unto my savior. I learn everyday how to be better.
I always thought that when I was on my last two transfers, I would be a rock star missionary with perfect Chinese and not need to improve anything... I was SO wrong. no because I haven't tried and given my all everyday. But because God has given me this chance to learn and grow everyday until the day I die. Literally and in mission life. I hope that up until the last minutes of my mission, I am learning how to better represent my Savior and better bring souls unto him.
Our investigators are struggling a bit with similar problems... it has been a blessing to be able to study and learn and listen to the spirit in order to face these problems. It is really hard for Taiwanese people to understand who God is. They have a really distorted vision of who god is and they can't understand that there is only one. On the street, I ask if people believe in God and if they say yes, I asked what he is like and if he loves them. They dont know! They have such a desire to know and a desire to believe but they just don't know.
I have asked myself these questions this week..
1. Do I believe there is a God?
2. Do I really believe he loves me?
3. What attributes does god have?
4. Why do I believe in Him?
5. How does this knowledge/belief effect my life?
Think about those. think about them real hard. The answers are wonderful and powerful. We are sons and daughters of a living God who loves us beyond our understanding. and because he loves us he has created this earth to allow us to learn and one day become like him. He also gave us ALL a chance to have happiness in this life and the life to come. I know that this is true.
Love you and remember who you are.
Sister Geng.




Post a Comment