I know most of you know, but this week I lived through my first major storm! TYPHOON! I don't know if it counts as a natural disaster but according to me it was. Taipei is trashed. There are massive trees uprooted everywhere, glass all over the street, motel signs fallen down, no power in street lights, businesses destroyed ect. It was really scary to be honest. On friday night it was getting really windy and dumping rain. On the street everyone was telling us to go home but we hadn't heard anything so we just kept working. Our bikes wouldn't move because of the wind and we were drenched. But that night, we all woke up at around three am because of the sound of the wind and rain beating against our house. we all got up and just stared out the window. I honestly was really scared. None of us could sleep. In the morning, we got a call from the zone leaders asking if we were still ok. We said yes and then asked if we were still going out and they said "yes". I put it in quotes because we kuai sha si!! So during studies we just stared out the window and said a million prayers. We than sang "Ill go where you want me to do" haha. At lunch they called and told us to stay in until at least seven at night and then they would call again. Even being inside, I was honestly really nervous. It was rocking our building and you could just see the wind and the rain destroying things outside. All day long I made calls and cleaned, studied and prayed. Everyone we talked to were so worried about us. It was sweet to have all our members and investigators loving us so much.
August 10th, 2015
Monday, August 10, 2015
When we were allowed to go out , we went past the church and there is a HUGE tree next to the church that was completely up rooted and fell on our gate. But aside from that, the building was perfectly fine. No damage at all. Incredible.
On sunday there were many beautiful prayers of gratitude from all of our members. God really does protect us.
On friday when we were finding, we realized we didn't have ponchos... and we couldn't ride our bikes because Sister Johnson forgot her reflective vest and we were far from home. The wind and rain were starting to pick up too. It started dumping!! with in seconds the street was flooded and so was the sidewalk. Sister Johnson and I were laughing so hard. We really had to head home but I wanted to use our time to the best of our ability so we stopped and decided we would knock for ten minutes and then keep going home. We found some covering and said a prayer. While we were praying, the rain stopped. IT STOPPED. LIKE COMPLETELY STOPPED!! We knocked and walked all the way home and then once we got home, it started dumping again. I dont know why Heavenly Father is so good to us. But I testify that God looks after his missionaries. He knows that we are trying so hard to do what is right and we have faith. My faith is small but I guess it is enough for Him to work with. He said that if we have faith the size of a mustard seed, we will be able to move mountains. I believe this is true. But it isn't us who moves the mountains.. It is our all merciful and loving God.
This week, we also had interviews. I finally got to really meet President Jergensen! It was a treat. He took all four of us Xinzhuang sisters in together and we talked about our areas. I felt so much love and concern from him. We talked about some struggles in our areas and came up with some solutions. It was wonderful. After, we met with him one by one. He was very kind to me and really lifted me up and encouraged me. I barely said anything to be honest! He asked me what I have been struggling with lately and I told him my feelings about going home. We both cried a little and he shared some great wisdom with me. He told me that it doesn't feel right now because its not right yet! haha of course!
Aside from that, we biked to Tucheng this week for zone conference. Our elders babysat us all the way there. It was hot and loooonnnggg and kind of crazy but there was one elder in the front and one elder in the back of us to make sure none of us were lost. I tell you this so you dont worry about me anymore. I am very taken care of :)
One last thing that I would like to share with you all is my study this week.
I studied all about christ and one story that I have thought a lot about is in Matthew 14. The apostles had 5 loaves and two fishes and Christ said that it would be enough for 5 thousand. Can you imagine if some one told you that? I dont know if I would believe them! But they had faith and trusted Christ.
In our lives sometimes we look at what we have and look at what has to be done and think "YEAH RIGHT!" for example: me getting my call to preach the gospel in Mandrain Chinese! There were many times that I looked at what I had and what had to be done and thought that there was no way. But through christ there is always a way.
I know that some of you are facing big challenges and there are scary things coming up. But I just want you to know that God will take what you have and through christ, there will always be a way to do what you need to do. He gives us exactly what we need. He gives us the way. Sometimes we don't see it but it comes!
At the end, the apostles not only fed the five thousand but also had 12 baskets extra of food.
I know God loves you all. I know we are all in his perfect hands and he is molding us. Sometimes we don't understand but I know that He does.
Love you all!!
Geng jie mei




Post a Comment