Slideshow Widget

October 19th, 2015

Monday, October 19, 2015

Hello my sweet family!

It has been a CRAZY week. It feels like all the day blurred together because of so much that went on and the lack of sleep that went on. We had a double exchange in Taidong this week as so three days in a row I woke up between 4:30 and 5:00. Heavenly Father has really been blessing me.  Lets just say that Sister Belnap and I just got done with a wonderful, very much needed nap.
I have never been so grateful in my whole mission.  
Last night I called all the sisters in the two zones that sister belnap and I are over and I asked them tpo share with me their miracles.  As I listened, my heart was over flowing with joy.  I KNOW that this is Gods work and I KNOW he has his hand in every companionship's work and is every investigators life.  
This (like I said ) we had exchanges in Taidong. I was there tuesdaywednesday, and thursday of this week. Because it is really inconvenient to go back to Hualien I just did a double exchange there.  All I have to say is I LOVE TAIDONG AND I LOVE THESE SISTERS. we had a companionship who was struggling so we went to help them a little.  I learned so much from every single one of the sisters there. I had the chance to grow and really rely on heavenly father.  Correcting others is very hard for me because I love them and I dont want to hurt them but as I shared my concerns with God, he realy led me to how to say things and gave me incredible opportunites to teach and to love. I am grateful for this chance to be a Sister Training Leader. Not because I am anything great (at all) but because it has helpedme see my weaknesses and helped bring me to my knees. I feel that my best friend really is my savior. 
On one of the exchanges we went to a dinner appointment with a member with the elders.  
The member had invite a sister who is less active and actually really in against the church. The LA didnt know that we, missionaries would be there and so when she walked it she was a little upet. But she sat down to eat with us. Me, (not knowing the extent of her dislike towards the church)began to ask questions and talk to her because no one else was.  It didnt take long to feel of the bitterness and anger she had towards God and the gospel.  But I felt like I should keep going... So I kept talking to her and testifying to her.  I asked about her prayers and scripture study and her thoughts towards God. After a while Elder Stewart stepped in (he used to be my District leader and the AP.. He is one of my good friends). We together took some firey bulletts but I still felt the spirit. 
As the dinner went on however, I felt more and more weighed down.  I felt that God really wanted his sweet daughter to know that he loved her but she had just cloed him out for so long.  
After the dinner, she tried to run out. I ran after her and gave her a big hug and grabbed her shoulders and told her that God wants her to know that he loves her.  I told her that she needsto pray and ask him.  I asked if she would and she looked at me and said "you think too much, he doesnt love me." After I told her that he did and then she left...
The sister I was on exchanges with said a prayer with me and I had to wipe away some tears. but we had faith that the spirit would soften her heart. 
Last night I called those sisters from the exchange and they said that the LA sister from the dinner met with them on thursday and said that she is coming back to church!!!!!!!!!! 
And on sunday she went to church for the first time in a long time! \

 I know is that God is aware of his children and he LOVES them.
I KNOW that it wasnt me who did any of that.  The spirit will guide us to know what to do to help these precious souls.  I am so grateful I got to see such a huge miracle. I hope I get to see her again one day. If she is willing, God will be with her every step of the way back to Him because he loves her so much. I felt it.

This week, Sister Belnap and i also had a baptism! His name is Brother Zhan and he was so prepared. He and his girlfriend and his two children are working to go to the temple next year and be sealed. 

Iknow that this is Gods work and I am NOTHING!! absolutely nothing.  Every day Heavnely Father reminds me of that is the most loving way possible. 
I ponderized 2 nephi 9:51. I prayed hard about what I needed to ponderize this past week and I thought "what is that scripture about being fat?" haha not for the reason that you all are thinking.  even though I have probably gained a coyuple pounds on my mission. 
It was the perfect scripture.  Do not spend your money for that of no worth.  But instead, come unto Christ and feast upon that which perisheth not.  Let your soul delight in fatness.  
I know that if we focus on the important things. If we rely on the rock of our salvation, we will be given the strength and power necessary to face to trials and obstacles of this life. 
He helps our soul be full.  Feast upon that which is given freely to us: His love, and his mercy. 
If we do, we will never starve spiritually.
I love you all so much. 
Sister Griffin
ps. please dont judge me.. I dont have time to reread it and I pretty much just spit my thoughts out. haha good luck translating.

Taidong sun rise

brother zhans baptism!

our cockroaches are getting HUGE and they are every where. This was sister belnap and I after fighting them off.  We are luck to be alive...............

my dinner.. YUM!

Post a Comment