Slideshow Widget

October 25th, 2015

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Are you full question mark?

Lately I have been translating the chinese I say back into english and it sounds ridiculous. I love chinese so much (and hate it at the same time.. ha)
This week has been a crazy blur and so my email will probably not be very long.  
What happened was we went on exchanges every single day except monday and sunday.  We were in Ji An, Taidong, Bei Nan, Taidong, and Yuli. 
A lot of our sisters needed help this week.  actually all of them. As we were praying, we felt that it was important that we went to help them all this week. Even with leaving our area so much and being run into the ground with being tired, we saw so many miracles and our area did awesoem as well this week.  I have never been so emotionally, physically, and spiritually tired.  Also I have never felt the power of prayer so strongly in my life. 
I know that God hears every little plead of my heart and his hand is manifest all day every day.
This week I ponderized Ether 2:14.  I didnt know why then but I had prayed that Heavenly Father would help me find a scripture that would help me this week. The last line is: God chastened him because he remembered not to call upon the name of the Lord.
I found myself constantly praying this week whether it was on my knees, on my bike or in our lessons.  I am being pushed with helpiong sisters with emotional problems, obedience problems, and discouragement.  100% of the time I have no idea how to do it. I don't know how to help their areas, their investigators or their hearts but everytime I pray, I am given peace and the path is put before me.  I have also been able to see these sisters incredible strengths and feel of their love. I am making great friendships and am learning how I can be a better disciple of christ. 
When Sister Belnap and I finally got back together on saturday afternoon, we were dead tired.. But we pushed through and hit the streets.  We were hard core rejected by everyone.  at first it was hard but after a while, we couldn't stop laughing.  Sister Belnap has a nasty ingrown toenail and so since we were having no success and she wasn't walking right, I made her go to the hospital. we went into the emergency room because the rest of the hospital was closed.. (I dont understand how).  So we went in and were ignored for like 15 minutes even though we were the only ones in there.  Then we finally get her in and the doctor just laughs and makes us leave.... we were rejected by the hospital. ultimate rejection.  After a couple lessons after that, we were struggling to stay alive and remembered that we forgot to eat.  So we went biking around trying to find somewhere to eat and everything was closed.. We then pulled over and decided to go to a place that we alwasy eat at on the otherside of town. Even though it was far, we knew that it had food we could eat. With the last little bit of energy we had, we peddled there, as we pulled up the owner came out with a huge smile and siad "We are resting today! we will be open on monday!" I just started dying laughing. our dinner time was like over and we had nothing to eat. we went across the street to get food at a little gas station and when we went in, all their food was gone too!! I said THATS IT! I am getting a coke.. I walk over, and the only thing they are out of in drinks is coke...... I havent lauighed so hard in my whole life. 
FINALLY We found a fruit stand and a little food stand on the side of the rode.  
As a missionary you are sometimes "bu yong'ed" by people on the street, LAs, emergency rooms, restaurants, and gas stations.  But heavenly father still blesses you with pure joy of the work.  
Even though that day was hard, Heavenly Father blessed us with incredible lessons and we found a wonderful new investigator who set her date for christmas on the street:) It was the first baptismal date we have set for that special day.

I don't know why I just shared that story with you but I just want to testify that God hears my prayers, your prayers, and everyones prayers.  we are all his children and he loves us.  He is just waiting for us to rely on him.  His power is enough to help us through any pain, trial, sickness, or rejection. 
Joy comes from God through our Savior.  It is the light that is open to us in every situation and during every trial.  
I love you all so much. 
Even though I love you, I am struggling with going home. Sister Belnap is a time bomb. she knows the days, the hours, and the minutes until we are on the plane coming home. she told me right before our weekly planning session how many days we have left and I cried. I was probably being a little dramatic. haha. but she is also helping ease me into it.  I went to get in bed last night and found a cockroach right above my pillow. She came in, killed it, and say "Sister Griffin, just think, these will be gone one day soon".  That helped a little.
I LOVE MY MISSION.
I ALSO LOVE YOU!!
Sister Griffin

A sister in my zone that i got to go on exchanges with this week! She is from orem utah and knows regan my roommate from college!! She is serving in Yuli... also known as the most rural part of our whole mission.  there is nothing there hah but it is such a wonderful place!

My companion during Weekly Planning session. I cried as we started and toward the end, she gave up and hid under the desk.


These were in a memebers home in TaiDong, I loved them so I took a picture. Can you read them dad? they are AWESOME! quotes from general conference, liahonas, and idioms. I am so doing this when I get home.


Post a Comment