Slideshow Widget

October 4th 2015

Sunday, October 4, 2015



I will be spending my last two transfers in.......HUALIAN!!! I am sister training leader over hualian and Taidong!! 
When I got off the train here, my heart leaped. I know that this is where I need to be and I have never been so in love with a place.  
Missionary work here is so different than anything I have done before. I came from a crazy city to nothing but ocean and stray dogs.  The past couple days I havent known quite how to react but Sister Belnap is a great missionary and has been teaching me the ropes.  She is a genius. She knows everything about everything and is pretty much a Taiwanese person. She has already helped my reading and speaking so much.  Also she is an incredible teacher.  I feel so blessed to learn from her.  
This week has been full of so many things.  
In Xin zhuang Sister Johnson, Sister Akita and I worked so hard to get our investigators and LAs ready for the new elders moving in.  I prayed harder than I ever have before and felt the spirit guiding me to know what God wanted for his precious children in Xin Zhuang.  We left all our investigators will solid baptismal date and firm faith.  I know that God has very prepared people in Xin Zhuang and he loves those people so much. I cant express the feelings I had this past week there. 
Many of the members and I cried together on my last couple days.  I have given my heart and soul to that area and leaving it hurt so much.  I know that we are all in Gods perfect hands though and those people will be my friends forever.  
The woman that changed the most was Zhan Xu Hui. 
As we met with her the last time I saw how much she has grown. When she is baptized, she will be an incredible addition to Gods army here on the earth. It has been an incredible experience to be able to see the atonement of Jesus Christ change and heal her. Teaching her changed me.   
We had transfers on thursday and then because Sister Belnap and I are sister training leaders we stayed the night with President and Sister Jergensen so we could attend the next days Mission leadership conference the next day.  Being in their home was such a blessing.  We woke up to president jergensen making us breakfast. hah.  I haven't been treated like that for over a year.  We then spent the rest of the morning helping them get things ready for the conference and by the time we got sitting down, I was a little frazzeled. However, when the meeting started, the spirit flooded in.  It was powerful to look around at helamens army in that room.  I was honored to be numbered among so many powerful missionaries.  I feel very inadequete but I know that God has called me to be his missionary. As the mission goes on, I learn more everyday of the power of our calling and the importance of it all.  My view of a mission has changed so much since the day I entered the MTC. We are disciples of Christ called to preach his word among his people that they may have eternal life.  Wow.  I cant believe Heavenly Father would let me, Sister Griffin, do something of just great importance.  
I have learned so much lately about baptism.  In the conference we watched a slideshow of everyones picture at their baptism.  (some how they managed to get a very awkward picture of 8 year old sister griffin in there... mom?) 
As it started, we all laughed at eachothers pictures but as each picture flipped past, we got more and more quiet.  I couldnt hold the tears back as I thought about that baptism means to me.  
I just want to help everyone receive this blessing.  I truly desire to have every single one of these sweet people with me in the celestial kingdom.  I want them all to feel Gods love and his mercy. I sure have felt that love and mercy in my life.  now more than ever.  
I cant wait to help the people of Hualian receive this blessing. The past couple days have been an adventure.  I have never done missionary work quite like this before.  This place reminds me of Tremonton and mexico.. I dont know how those two relate. ha.  
But when I got up in sacrament meeting to bear my testimony yesterday, I looked out and saw all the members smiling up at me, I know that this is where I need to be. 
I know that the gospel is true. I know that God loves you all and I know that this is his work. 
Have a great week everyone!! Love love love! 
Sister Griffin. 
ps. I don't understand a lot here.  everyone speaks taiwanese. I feel like I will get to learn another language before I go home:) 


The sweetest woman I have ever met.. zhan xu hui. What a blessing it was to meet her and feel gods love for her. 


This is my cute new companion sister Belnap :) hahah I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!! She is the smartest person ever and sounds like a taiwanese person.  Sister Belnap is from Idaho. 

My New Home

Post a Comment