You have no idea what happened this week.. and you will never know. Sister Johnson and I were laughing so hard right before we came to email because she was acting out what happened this week.
The past three weeks I have been dealing with what I thought was a cold. And I refuse to sit in and so I just kept going out and working and everyday it seemed to get worse. Sister Johnson last monday made me go to see Sister Jergensen and go to a doctor. So on tuesday we started at 9:30 am and finished at 6:00 pm with different hospitals and doctors and a whole lot of tests because no one knew what was wrong with me. But the doctor gave me some medicine and told me to rest Wednesday and if I felt better he said I could go out. So Wednesday I rested..... and then we got a call from president that Sister Johnson and Sister Akita and I are now companions and that Sister Peirson was being emergency transfered. President Jeregensen put me over the two areas and asked me to help Sister Akita and help that area get up and going. Not so much of a rest day huh? hah.
On Thursday we went to outdoor zone conference! (Because I am a Griffin and there is something in my blood that makes it impossible for me to stay in bed.)
President and Sister Jergensen said that I could go if I felt good enough. IT WAS AWESOME! I have never been so spiritually fed and SO HAPPY being outside hiking and learning about the gospel. We hiked up a huge mountain and at the top received training. I EVEN SAW A MONKEY! a big one.
By the end of the day though, I felt pretty awful.
On friday morning, I got a call from the doctor and he told me that my blood results were in and I have mono.
He said to keep taking the medicine and that I have to rest or it will get worse.
No missionary wants to be told that they have to rest.
I called President Jergensen and told him what happened and tried to tell him that I am fine and that I can work but he told me that I have to rest. And sister jergensen told sister Johnson to make me rest.
It is my last three months.. I want to give MY ALL to the lord. I want to be out on the streets everyday preaching the gospel. But Heavenly Father has a different plan for me right now and I just have to trust it. I felt for you Logan this week. I understand a little bit how you feel not being able to do something you love. But as I have been at home this week, I have prayed and studied more than ever before. I read in Alma of Ammon and Alma and Aaron and how they faced many challenges and setbacks but it was all apart of Gods perfect plan. Right now, I have to rest but I am going to get better fast. I can feel it:)
Your package came and in it had this quote that I have read over and over the past couple days:
" There are times when we will experience heartbreaking sorrow, when we will grieve, and when we may be tested to our limits. However, such difficulties allow us to change for the better, to rebuild our lives in the way our Heavenly Father teaches us, and to become something different from what we were--better than we were, more understanding than we were, more empathetic than we were, with stronger testimonies than we had before."
Heavenly Father has asked me to be over two areas and help a struggling missionary, and do it all while being sick..
But I still feel so much peace. Our ward has been so incredibly awesome and so have the Jergensens. I feel their love so strongly and I know without a doubt this will all be awesome and for my benefit.
I love my mission and I am grateful that its like this! Without opposition, I wouldn't grow and I wouldn't rely on the lord.
This week I read about Mary and Elisabeth and their great strength and great faith. In Luke 1:37 it reminds us that with God nothing shall be impossible. I KNOW THIS IS TRUE!! I see miracles every single day.
And just as Mary I have felt myself submit more and more to the will of the lord. For she said..
"Behold, the handmaid of the Lord". I am learning what that means. To just follow Him and have faith. I am really so grateful.
I love you all so much!
Sister Griffin
Ps. I got the kissing disease on my mission.. who else can say that? haha
being taught on the mountain top. So beautiful. On the way up we saw waterfalls and flowers, and monkeys! Also, I contacted everyone who wasnt a missionary on the trail.. It was so cool sharing the gospel literally on the their mountain tops! and in work out clothes haha
President and Sister Jergensen. Love them
Also my head touched the ceiling of the hospital...




Post a Comment