This week in hualien we have seen huge miracles and the tender mercy and love of God.
If I could I would just leave my email to that. but I know everyone would just be a little upset with me. However, there is no way that I could accurately describe the things that I have seen and felt this week. I have literally felt embrace of my Father as I have been beaten down and tossed around by satan. I have felt very strongly of the power of my saviors atonement and have felt wounds be healed and hope fill my life.
I cant explain any of those feelings. however, I can testify that God is aware of all His children in whatsoever land they may be in.
Sister Hendricks and I have felt of the mighty winds of Satan this week. He has taken our weak spots and pushed and pushed. But the most incredible part is that this week we have been able to learn how to truly used the saviors atoement.
I have been blessed with anangel of a companion. She serves me and loves me every single moment everyday and together we have made a great vision for this transfer, specific goals and specific plans on how to give our all and help our investigators, ward, and sisters.
We are with our heads bowed most of the day in gratitude to our father for his tender mercies and for guiding us.
This week, we went on two exchanges. The first one, I was pretty excited and thought I had the routine down. Well, my pride blinded me and it was definitely my stumbling block, we were rejected sooo hard core all day long and our schedule wasnt very good. We were rushed through some important things and by the end, I was exhausted and just torn down. I felt so bad that it didnt go very well. It made me wonder what was wrong with me. It only took one prayer, and it was clear as day what had happened. I had relied on myself and my own knowledge. Heavenly Father, he will give us opportunities to wake us up and make us come unto him.He will try our patience and our faith so we can know that it is by his grace that we do all things.
Its is amazing what happens when we rely on our fathers grace.
This week I studied much about Grace. I read "sweet above that which is sweet" by sheri dew. It is amamazing talk and it came at a perfect time.
Grace is the power by which all things are done. As missionaries we not only teach of grace but we rely on grace to keep going. To be protected, to speak in tongues, to testify and to promise.
We are all in serious need of Gods power. The key to unlocking the power of His covenant children is learning to unlock the power of jesus Christ.
God is so eager to heal us, to change us, and to fill our lives with power and mercy but it is only done when we have faith and become true disiples of christ.
In her talk she says that the formula to discipleship is:
1. Coming to love the lord more than anything in the world.
2.Experiencing a change of heart. not becoming perfect but giving up any evil within us.
3. behaving like true followers.
Two weeks ago in zone conference, I hear a quote that is also in this talk. it said something like, a personal sacrifice never was placing an animal on the alter. but instead it is a willingness to put the animal in us upon the alter.
when we place that animal within us on the alter, that is when we are able to understand grace and the power of Jesus Christ.
I have had beautiful moments this week to feel this and I testify that it is true. I just want everyone to have the chance to feel it!!
This week I have felt more of the love for Gods children. everything I do is because I just LOVE these people and I LOVE my savior. It has taken time but God has given me this change of heart and this ability to see his work like this.
We have a sweet 15 year old kid who we meet with and he will hopefully be baptized on 11/28. we meet with him at his parents store that sells bean lang and beer. Its a hard enviornment and sometimes its hard not to get frustrated with his parents for bringinghim up like that. But as I have spent time getting to know them this week and testifying to the of the truthfullness of this, I have seen their eyes fill with hope and they hearts start to soften. Theywill allow him to be baptized and I hope that one day they will listen too.
We saw SO MANY MIRACLES!!
even though this week was filled with some rough times, it was overflowingwith blessings. We have made a goal to put someone on date for baptism everyday and it happened with extra this past week. not because we are incredible missionaries but because God is incredible.
I love you all so much and I love my savior so much. This work is running through Hualien and all of Taiwan.
I am so blessed
Sister Griffin
The Elders making us dinner at a families food cart.
I am not in Taipei anymore
I was biking and took a picture.. dangerous. I know. welcome to hualien!!
My sweet companion Sister Hendricks




Post a Comment