Ni men hao.
I am still in Hualien! WOO! and my new companion is Sister Hendricks. aka the companion I have been waiting for my whole mission. She is 8 months on island and she is a hard working, full of love missionary. The past few days that I have spent with her have been amazing and we have seen Heavenly Father work work great miracles. Our companionship really is a tri panionship. Me, Sister Hendricks, and Heavenly Father. We have made a conscious effort to make sure that He is apart of every goal and every decision that we have made. We have made incredible goals and plans for our companionship, our area, and our zones that are straight from heaven and we are so excited to see what Heavenly Father has in store for the Taiwanese people and his sweet missionaries this transfer.
A lot has gone on this week! Sister Belnap and I had zone meetings on tuesday in Hualien and Wednesday in Taidong. They were incredible. The zones were so prepared to learn from the spirit and as we met together, I really felt that I was among the called and chosen. We discussed how to make the savior the center of our lives and our saviors.
On wednesday after Taidongs zone meeting, we went to the train station to get home and we walked up to a sign that said all the trains were stopped until thursday (maybe) because of rain. As we looked at each other in shock and our dead phone, we took a glimpse out at the beautiful blue sky of Taidong. haha. Luckily the Zone Leaders had taken us to the train station so they could help us figure out what to do. We decided we would pray. After our prayer, The elders went to go talk to the ticket booth people and we went to find a bathroom. As we walked into the bathroom, all the stalls had no tp so we tried to find some in our backs. While going through our bags, an announcement came on saying something about a train making it through. So we ran. Like literally ran to the station. by that time, our tickets had already been sold back by the elders. So we told the lady at the booth and she said RUN! haha so we grabbed the money out of the elders hands and left them speachless and ran as fast as we could through the halls, up the stairs and to the platform and jumped on as the train was pulling away. I felt like I was on anastacia. We were illegially on a train, that we ran to jump on, in the middle of Taiwan, and we werent even sure it was going to Hualien. I felt so cool.
The rest isnt exciting, we made it back for english class where we played games and the missionaries acted out Neohi cutting off Labans head and getting the gold plates. I have never laughed so hard in my life. But even with the madness, the spirit was still there and It was an incredible day.
The next day, Sister Belnap packed up her stuff and went up to Taipei. I had a temporary companion (Sister Stevens) in Hualien for two days as we waited for our new companions. She goes home with me in december and it was a tender mercy to be able to talk with her and work hard with her before oure last transfer started. I feel that Heavenly Ftaher has shown me a lot of love and mercy through things that are really difficult for me. Which is why He sent me Sister Hendricks. We have the same goals, we have the same vision for our area and the ward and our sisters. She is so loving and so supportive. I feel like we can really work with the spirit to do the work together. I know this will be an incredible transfer. It already has been.
The areas were all changed last week and we got another ward in Hualien! Its wonderful but it has taken a hit on our area. at that time we lost all our investigators. So we have been finding and praying so hard for Gods direction. He has provided so much. We are striving to do things his way and His way is through the spirit.
This week I have been praying to know what God would have me do this transfer. I have had very specific impressions come to my mind and heart andI know that Heavenly Father doesnt expect me to be a perfect missionary. He only expects me to love, love,love, serve, serve, serve. and He wants me to learn the language of the spirit. No matter how good our mandarin is, if we do not know the language of the spirit, we are unable to do his work.
I am keeping a log of my everyday feelings and impressions that I receive from the spirit.
As I have done this, I have been able to better distinguish what is the spirit and what He is saying. I know that as I do this, I will be a better tool in my fathers hands in this life and the life to come (this transfer and the next). I want to be a servant of the lord who will not only answer Gods call by saying "Speak for thy servant is listening", but I will be able to know that call.
I know that the gift of the holy ghost is truly given to us through Gods power and we are able to have its companionship everyday of our life if we will learn his voice and act.
I have been guided to do many things this week by the spirit and because of that, I know God loves me and is helping me and all of his children through their trials and obstacles.
And he is able to do it through His son.
Lastly, I found a scripture this week as I was studying "living water" that I want to share with you.
Isaiah 12:2-3 "God is my salvation. I will trust and not be afraid.For the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song. He also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the well of salvation."
I love you all so much. Listen to the spirit and draw water out of the well of salvation.
Sister Geng
ps. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA!!
Hualien zone meeting with the sisters
and Taidong zone meeting with everyone. elders are crazy. but we still love them.
the rain that stopped the rain...
we did fishing for the english party
apples, reflector vests, we are pro missionaries. (this is sister stevens)
We wrote out a sign to pick up our new companions and all the elders.. if you look really close it says "missionaries"
I look yucky but this is my new comp and our cute lai jie mei




Post a Comment